Based in Kingston ON- Canada, this Full-time technician will be a hands-on builder type personality who will be responsible for assembling and testing Lithium-ion battery cells and packs to ensure all work meets quality and performance requirements.
- Operate test and production equipment;
- Perform assembly tasks such as crimping, soldering, wire harness making and spot welding;
- Perform quality and reliability test on Lithium-ion battery cells and packs;
- Document all test observations, data and incidents, analyzing and identifying root cause of failures;
- Direct upgrades, maintenance, installation and calibration on test and production equipment;
- Maintain the laboratory and equipment in a functional state to provide necessary services;
- Prioritizing / time management skills. Ability to cope with multiple tasks;
- Assist team on various ongoing projects;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills & Experience / Compétences & expérience
• (3yr) Engineering Technologist Diploma in Electronic/Electrical or similar
• Proficient with Microsoft windows and office applications like Excel
• Understanding of lithium ion battery safety and dangers
• Experience with using electrical test equipment
• Experience working with and testing lithium ion batteries will be considered an asset
• Experience in a test laboratory will be considered an asset
• Experience with spot welding will be considered an asset
• 1-2 years of related experience
BESI invites applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes all applications. In accordance with Canadian Immigration requirements, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
BESI provides support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant's accessibility needs. Candidates requiring accommodation during the recruitment process are asked to contact Human Resources.