Tomlinson is Eastern Canada’s leader in environmental, construction and transportation infrastructure services. Tomlinson Industrial Waste Division is currently reviewing potential candidates to fill an immediate requirement for an evening 310T Mechanic based at our office at 650 Fortune Crescent in Kingston, Ontario. The hours for the position are 3:00PM to 12:00AM, 5 days a week and some on call when required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Test and adjust repaired systems to manufacturer's performance specifications
- Perform scheduled maintenance service, such as oil changes, lubrications and tune ups
- Inspect and test mechanical units, such as engines, transmissions, axles and brake systems, to locate faults and malfunctions
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions and confirm findings with supervisor to determine whether to repair
- Repair or replace mechanical units or components using hand and power tools
- Test and adjust units to specifications for proper performance
- Complete reports to record problems and work performed.
- Adjust, repair or replace parts and components of systems including chassis, frame, cab, body, engine, drive train, air brakes, steering, fuel, hydraulic, electrical and electronic systems
Skills & Experience / Compétences & expérience
• Completion of secondary school is usually required.
• 310T Mechanic Certification to be considered
• Must have own tools
• Competitive wages
• Bonus programs
• Employer paid health and dental benefits
• Extensive training programs and tuition reimbursement
• Retirement benefits program
• Family-oriented team environment
• Employee discounts and other rewards programs
The Tomlinson Group of Companies encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Please contact Human Resources if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies.