The Site Clerk is responsible for all general administration for a specific subdivision site office. This includes, but is not limited to preparing purchase requisitions, scheduling of trades, services, organizing and filing paperwork for site deliveries, or shipments and general coordination between head office and site. The Site Clerk will also provide customer care support on an as needed basis. The performance of the duties must ensure a quality approach to all, home owners, employees, managers trades and vendors. All responsibilities must be performed in a manner consistent with the Tamarack vision, mission, and must comply with all company policies and procedures. The Site Clerk in coordination with the Site Superintendent and the Finishing Foreman are responsible for carrying out policies and procedures that support the strategy and goals of home buildings by Tamarack Developments.
The ideal candidate will be prepared to begin work early September 2018.
- Manage all incoming phone calls, faxes and emails from trades, crews and suppliers. Answer inquires in a timely fashion.
- Review and organize documents to be sent to the company’s head office, such time sheets, vacation requests and occupancy permits.
- Forward all original copies of city inspections, Geotech reports, and engineer reports and organize delivery of slips and invoices to head office.
- Organize and ensure all site filling system is up-to-date, including home owner files as needed.
- Regularly update job summary book.
- Coordinate and schedule trades with Site Superintendent and Finishing Foreman. Troubleshoot scheduling issues as needed.
- Support the Finishing Foreman, Superintendent or service team with the pre-move lists, 30-day inspections and year-end inspections.
- Schedule and coordinate with service technicians, or trades on the work that needs to be complete from the PDI lists mentioned above.
- Prepare, assign, designate and deliver all 30-day, year-end and urgent service repairs to the effected trades. Document and track all service performed.
- Distribute weekly summaries of outstanding deficiencies to all sub-contractors/trades.
- Ensure that all services deficiencies are completed in the required timeframe.
- Coordinate, update and follow up with all trades and in-house service techs after the service appointments with the home owners.
- Remind all trades of all scheduled appointments prior to the selected dates.
- Order all necessary construction materials for individual service repair items and all in house construction materials.
- Order any extra plans needed from head office and issue purchase orders as requested by Site Superintendent.
- Issue and distribute purchase orders for all service related requests.
- Scheduling of various services for the homes: this includes but is not limited to the scheduling of gas and hydro installations with respective utilities companies, the booking of city inspections and the scheduling of hot water tank orders and deliveries with supplier.
- Confirm that utilities have been delivered to the proper units and installations are complete.
- Regularly provides updates to, and work closely with designated customer care representative to ensure clear lines of communication are maintained between trades, site and the home owners and tasks are being completed in a timely manner.
- Clean and maintain site office.
- Maintain communication board in the site trailer.
- Prepare and distribute documentation and notifications to homeowners, potential homeowners, communities.
- Participate in other customer care responsibilities as needed.
- Other administrative duties as requested by the Site Superintendent.
Skills & Experience / Compétences & expérience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
A high school diploma is required. Post-secondary education in business administration or management is preferred.
A minimum of three years of experience in office administration is required, experience in construction (residential preferred) would be a definite asset.
Excellent organizational, prioritization and time management skills.
Demonstrated strong customer service orientation.
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. The candidate must maintain interpersonal relationships at all levels.
Excellent problem-solving skills.
Strong administrative skills with proficient use of program such as Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Outlook.
Bilingual in French and English is considered an asset.
Physical/Sensory Effort/Work Environment:
Residential construction site. Can be loud and difficult to navigate at times.
Busy, and at times, a loud work environment.
Must be of good physical condition to perform various duties on site. Visits in construction zones will be required.
Providing service to several people, working under many simultaneous deadlines, working for a group of companies.
All candidates are asked to apply via the following link: taggartgroup.bamboohr.com/jobs. Any questions regarding the position can be directed to email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.