Cardinal Health Canada is currently seeking a Maintenance Manager to join our team in Gananoque on a full-time, permanent basis. As Maintenance Manager, you will lead our site’s maintenance programs, develop strategies to improve these programs to the latest industry best practices. You will accomplish this by leveraging your team of highly skilled mechanical, electrical and facilities staff to collaborate with the Operations and other site teams to achieve our site goals, within an FDA regulated 24/7 operation. Key areas of responsibilities will be to deliver improvements to our site equipment reliability (OEE), maintenance Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), standardizing our preventative and predictive maintenance programs, while developing our entire workforce on maintenance excellence. This role also provides leadership to the MRO supplies storeroom and maintenance information system (Maximo).
- As a technical leader and a member of the Senior Management Team your daily actions are expected to be carried out as a role model in exhibiting such behaviors and fostering the development of our corporate values: accountable, tenacious, inventive, adaptable, enthusiastic, competitive, open, direct, respectful, trusted and inclusive.
- Implement maintenance excellence programs, technology advancements and best practices into our operations.
- Knowledge and understanding of reliability centered maintenance practices. Knowledge and understanding of sound engineering practices and principles.
- Focus team around making reliable improvements in Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE). Proven ability to implement robust solutions to reoccurring opportunities.
- Use logic and reasoning to identify alternative solutions, conclusions, and approaches to solving equipment problems. Must have strong analytical problem solving skills.
- Work closely with the Operations, Engineering, and OpEx teams to coordinate maintenance events to include resource planning, change overs, preventative maintenance and project scheduling.
- Work with other Cardinal Health manufacturing facilities in spreading and adopting best practices.
- Help develop, train and mentor Team Leads, Maintenance and Operations personnel.
- Utilizes corporate capital processes to support project execution in a financially responsible fashion, in collaboration with Senior Leadership
- Support operations & maintenance, project teams by providing direct technical expertise during trouble shooting, optimization, center lining and maintenance activities.
- Coordinates and directs contractor activities
- Responsible for seeing that all related activities are performed in a manner that complies with the Cardinal Quality Management, Safety or Environmental Management Systems, and all governing regulatory bodies.
- Ability to work flexible hours to support operations.
- Occasional travel (less than 5%) to other manufacturing locations, training and trade shows.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Experience / Compétences & expérience
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
•Strong work ethic and a desire to exceed, must be a change agent
•Ability to lead, manage multi-disciplinary teams
•Open and engaging to effectively interface with others.
•Good verbal and written communication skills.
•3-4 Year College Diploma (in related field) and/or Undergraduate Degree in Engineering (preferred)
•Minimum of 5-10 years industrial/manufacturing maintenance experience. At least 2-3 of those years in implementing reliability centered maintenance programs, principles, and equipment or process improvements
•Formal business management training, education and related experience an asset
•Industrial/manufacturing process and/or packaging automation experience
•Working knowledge of quality system regulations, cGMPs, FDA
•Maintenance Information System experience (Maximo preferred)
•Proven track record of ability to handle multi-tasks simultaneously. Must be able to make decisions in an independent mode, if necessary.
•Strong mechanical and electrical background.
•PLC/Controls knowledge and experience
•Lean and Six Sigma tools and techniques.
•Solid trouble shooting skills.
Please apply using the following link: