The Systems Analyst is responsible for the development and maintenance of software solutions to support business strategies and goals. The incumbent analyzes, designs and plans information system changes based on business needs and regulatory requirements. The incumbent engages with users to evaluate business needs and develop requirements for system changes. The incumbent develops code for feature enhancements or bug fixes based on system requirements. The incumbent provides technical guidance on code development, tooling and implementation of best practices.
The incumbent also develops and plans technical components such as system architecture to support business needs while monitoring and performing maintenance activities that ensure system health and uptime for critical business processes. The incumbent also participates in the review of programming methodologies for use by the team.
Skills & Experience / Compétences & expérience
• Post secondary degree or diploma in Information Technology or Computer Programming.
• 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role
• Experience with multiple programming languages, technology stacks and database technologies
• Experience in all phases of the software development life cycle
• Intermediate written and verbal communication skills
• Intermediate analytical and problem-solving skills
• Intermediate planning skills
• Intermediate/Advanced skills in the following:
o Databases including Oracle, PL/SQL Server
o Web development including HTML/JS/CSS skills
o Web Services (REST, SOAP)
o Visual Studio and .NET Framework
o Crystal Reports
o Team Foundations Serve
o UML Modeling
o Agile Methodologies
• Advanced knowledge of web architecture
• Intermediate knowledge of accessibility standards as it relates to system development
• Advanced knowledge of various development environments
• Basic knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety requirements as it relates to individuals, the organization and operational requirements
Special Working Conditions/Conditions of Employment
• Class G drivers’ licence
Your resume and/or cover letter must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements of the position.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided as required by the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) upon request.
Utilities Kingston is committed to employment equity and we encourage applications from all designated group members. Our goal is a diverse, inclusive workforce that reflects the Kingston community.
Utilities Kingston thanks all candidates that apply; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.