Driver examiners ( Non- Bilingual) are responsible for evaluating members of the public at various stages of the driver’s licensing process. Driver examiners must have excellent time management and organizational skills and exercise superior judgment skills. We require individuals who can work independently, meet deadlines, and strive to achieve customer satisfaction in all aspects of their work.
Purpose of the Job:
• Evaluates the driving ability of applicants for the controlled class level (A, B, C, D, E, F, Z)
• Evaluates the driving abilities of driver’s licence light vehicle applicants at the G2 and G level.
• Evaluates the driving ability of applicants at the M2, M level, if qualified and required.
• Provides grade of road test, licence information and resolves licensing issues.
• Provides information and assistance related to Driver Examination services.
• To ensure the fair and proper conduct of examinations in an environment that enables candidates to perform at their best.
• Reviews information and determines test requirements.
• Ensures the fair and proper conduct of examinations.
• Creates a calm, professional, and supportive environment that enables applicants to perform to the best of their abilities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responds to enquiries related to driver licensing, determines applicant status, and provides information regarding test/re-test procedures and classes of licences.
• Completes three point verification by verbally confirming the candidates full Name, full Date of Birth and full Address.
• Examine applicants through a road test; to determine applicant’s abilities in the mechanics and handling of vehicles, notes compliance to traffic laws, stressful situations, driving regulations and safe driving practices.
• Determines the fitness, competency, and knowledge of driver’s licence applicants.
• Examines applicants through road tests for Class G2 and Class G licences to determine driving competence and knowledge of driving regulations.
• Provides examination results and details regarding errors and areas requiring improvement.
• Completes evaluation forms (paper and online) for road test assessments.
• Attends travel points to provide testing and licensing services, where applicable
• If conducting Class M2, and Class M class road tests; observes and assesses riding habits, skills, and demonstrated ability in the operation of vehicles.
• Enters road test results into the computer and/or tablet.
• Conducts road test for those requiring special needs or for those with disabilities
Skills & Experience / Compétences & expérience
• Intermediate-level computer skills in Microsoft Office are required.
• Experience using a specialized database terminal to obtain information (transaction and financial summaries, road test results, client information, etc) is preferred.
• Must hold a valid controlled class licence (ABZ), a lesser class of licence may be considered upon review.
• Must hold a valid class M driver’s license, if applicable.
• Must have and maintain an acceptable driving record.
• No more than four demerit points and three violations at all times during employment as a Driver Examiner
• Thorough knowledge of applicable sections of the Highway Traffic Act, related regulations, and legislation.
Other Comments / Autres commentaires
-Benefit eligibility for full-time and part-time employees are outlined in our Collective Agreement. Full-time employees that are eligible will have the option to receive health and dental benefits. We also offer a matched Retirement Savings Plan (RSP).
Employee hours vary based on customer demand and location’s operating hours.