- Compile data from various sources and accurately record activity in the company’s accounting and investment information systems to support timely report preparation.
- Prepare statements, reports and surveys to support accurate financial reporting for a variety of stakeholders.
- Perform reconciliations; coordinating transactional investigation and implementing timely adjustments when needed.
- Assist in the analysis and interpretation of financial and investment results.
- Review, modify and document current processes.
- Participate in projects and initiatives as assigned.
- Provide back up to the team and support other business units as required.
Skills / Knowledge / Education:
- Strong attention to detail required.
- Ability to work independently; prioritizing and balancing multiple tasks.
- Ability to think logically, analyze and solve problems.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- 3+ years accounting experience.
- Experience in the financial services/insurance industry preferred.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel competency.
- Working towards CPA designation (strongly) preferred.
- Completion of a university degree with courses in financial and managerial accounting.
- Well-developed mathematical skills.
- Office environment.
- Prolonged periods of concentration and attention to detail.
- Prolonged periods of sitting while using a computer and/or telephone.
- Business hours may vary based on current and future service needs.
Other Comments / Autres commentaires
For regular full-time positions, Empire Life offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including a bonus plan and opportunities for career development.
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity and to build a career in an innovative and dynamic organization, submit your resume by clicking on Apply Now.