If you're a bilingual individual seeking a position that will allow you to fully showcase your effective office administrative skills, please consider this opportunity with the Ministry of Transportation.
What can I expect to do in this role?
Your role will:
• Provide administrative and business support services for a group of managers and staff.
• Prepare a variety of word processing materials and providing related services.
• Greet visitors, answer and screen telephone calls, and responding to routine inquiries.
• Establish and maintain electronic and hard copy filing systems.
Skills & Experience / Compétences & expérience
• You must be proficient in oral French at the advanced level.
Your knowledge and abilities will include:
• Demonstrated knowledge of general administrative and office procedures.
• Working knowledge of records management practices including filing and processing mail.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Ability to deal effectively with all levels of Ministry staff and the general public.
• Proven ability to prioritize own workload under pressure ensuring deadlines are met.
• Demonstrated ability to operate a variety of office equipment.
Your skills will include:
• Proven interpersonal and oral communication skills to perform reception duties and respond to general inquiries with tact and diplomacy.
• Effective written communication skills to accurately prepare correspondence and produce accurate documents.
• Demonstrated organizational and judgement skills.
• Demonstrated planning, analytical and problem solving skills.
• Proficiency with computers and word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation and email software. i.e.; Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat and OrgChart Professional.
Other Comments / Autres commentaires
You must apply online.
Your cover letter and resume combined should not exceed five (5) pages. For tips and tools on how to write a concise cover letter and resume, review the Writing a Cover Letter and Resume: Tips, Tools and Resources.
Customize your cover letter and resume to the qualifications listed on the job ad. Using concrete examples, you must show how you demonstrated the requirements for this job. We rely on the information you provide to us.
Read the job description to make sure you understand this job.
OPS employees are required to quote their WIN EMPLOYEE ID number when applying.
If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please Contact Us to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours.
Please be advised that the results of this competition may be used to form an eligibility list of qualified candidates to potentially fill future vacancies represented by the Ontario Public Service Employees Union (OPSEU). In accordance with the Collective Agreement, eligibility lists are shared with OPSEU representatives. By applying to this competition, you are providing consent that your name may be shared with OPSEU representatives.
All external applicants (including former employees of the Ontario Public Service) applying to a competition in a ministry or Commission public body must disclose (either in the cover letter or resume) previous employment with the Ontario Public Service. Disclosure must include positions held, dates of employment and any active restrictions as applicable from being rehired by the Ontario Public Service. Active restrictions can include time and/or ministry-specific restrictions currently in force, and may preclude a former employee from being offered a position with the Ontario Public Service for a specific time period (e.g. one year), or from being offered a position with a specific ministry (either for a pre-determined time period or indefinitely). The circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment.
Remember: The deadline to apply is Thursday, May 30, 2019 11:59 pm EDT. Late applications will not be accepted.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
Job advertisements for positions that have been designated bilingual will be provided in both English and French on the website. Positions that are not designated bilingual are not translated and are displayed in English only on both the English and French versions of the website.
Les annonces d'emploi pour les postes désignés bilingues sont publiées en anglais et en français sur le site Web. Les annonces pour les postes qui ne sont pas désignés bilingues ne sont pas traduites et elles figurent en anglais seulement, tant dans la version française que dans la version anglaise du site.