The position of Administrative Support (Passport Program) is a member of the Extend-A-Family Kingston Administrative Support Team and reports directly to the Manager, Passport Program. This position will perform tasks including word processing and maintaining records on computer spreadsheets and databases. The staff person will be responsible for handling incoming mail, telephone calls, inquires, devising office systems, maintaining filing systems and liaising with stakeholders and clients.
▪ Excellent interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
▪ Excellent oral and written communication skills.
▪ Ability to work with minimum supervision and be a team player.
▪ Proficiency in use of computers and in MS Office Applications.
▪ Ability to adapt within an evolving environment.
▪ Demonstrate a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail in their daily work.
▪ Proven ability to multi-task in a fast-paced working environment, meet specific deadlines and develop cooperative working relationships is also required.
▪ Tact, diplomacy, and confidentiality essential.
▪ Excellent client focused communication skills.
A two-year Community College program in Secretarial Science/Office Administration program or equivalent in addition to 1-3 Years of related experience in Office Administration. This position requires a demonstrated understanding and respect for people of diverse cultural backgrounds. Experience within the field of Developmental Services is an asset.
Preference given to applicants with French Language Competencies. Use of a reliable vehicle and a valid Ontario Driver's License are required. Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their resume along with a written summary of why this position would be of interest and outlining specific areas of strengths and experience relative to the position. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
How to apply :
- Include your name and Position Title in the subject line.
- Attach your cover letter and resume
- Name the attached document with your own name (last name, first name)
- Send your email (with the resume and cover letter attached) to email@example.com
- If you don’t have a resume or a cover letter, we can help you ! Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you have any specific inquiries about this job posting, you can contact : Esther Steele, Manager of Human Resources and Quality Assurance / Email: email@example.com
Extend-A-Family Kingston is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all stakeholders including our clients, employees, job applicants, suppliers, and any visitors who may enter our premises, access our information, or use our services. As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), and its associated standards and regulations. If you require an accommodation, please call our office at 613 544-8939 ext. 1108 to discuss.