In partnership with our client, BRH is seeking an Assistant Manager Operations Risk & Administration for a bank in Kingston (Ontario).
TYPICAL DAY FOR AN ASSISTANT MANAGER – RISK & ADMINISTRATION
The candidate is responsible to oversee and manage compliance and risk related activities, ensuring elements are identified and mitigated for entire branch team. Your tasks include the following:
- Identify, understand and anticipate customer needs in order to provide effective, efficient and timely customer service and support.
- Supervise the mutual fund sales business conducted within the branch (approve new accounts and monitor trading activity), be the primary point of contact for mutual fund customer inquiries requiring escalation or more complex operational inquiries involving internal and external parties;
- Ensure customer expectations are exceeded in terms of speed, efficiency, certainty and professionalism, oversee and monitor customer complaints or escalate complex and unusual issue to higher levels;
- Provide input to Branch Manager to assist with leading and developing an effective team through communication, performance management, development plans and reward/recognition practices.
- Recommend hires, leverages the talents of the team, identifies internal potential leaders, and takes corrective action where necessary.
- Provide staff performance reviews on quarterly basis to identify areas for improvement and develop the team as related to operational and risk activities.
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
- Participate in business development programs within area of specialty to enhance product knowledge.
- Ensure that all employees effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks;
- Actively refer customers to other areas where appropriate.
Skills & Experience / Compétences & expérience
-University / College degree or equivalent work experience;
-2 years experience selling mutual funds in a similar position;
-Advanced knowledge of banking products/services, legislation and regulations, policies and practices relating to compliance and risk;
-Industry-specific courses to be registerable as primary or back-up HIFC Branch Manager;
-Proficiency in any one of the below courses/certification is an asset:
Canadian Securities Course;
or Canadian Investment Funds Course;
or Investment Funds in Canada AND the Branch Manager Course offered by CSI or IFIC
or Branch Compliance Officers Course offered by Investment Funds Institute of Canadian Bankers.
-World Selection Portfolio certification (by Asset Management Canada, AMCA).
-Interpersonal, communication and customer service skills;
-Problem solving skills and ability to lead and guide a team;
-Experience assisting with the performance management of direct reports;
-Ability to manage multiple projects with multiple deadlines;
-Willingness to be mobile in local area;
-Speaking/understanding a second language (asset).
Other Comments / Autres commentaires
Here are some of the reasons for this designation:
-Professional development opportunities
-Reputation of the company
-Growth of the company