Job applicants responding to this posting may be applying to a Tim Hortons® restaurant independently owned and operated by a franchisee and, if so, any hiring decisions will be made by the franchisee.
As an Assistant Manager, you are an enthusiastic role model who motivates Team Members to deliver exceptional service for every guest, every time. You build positive relationships with your team members and promote a positive and inclusive work environment.
As a passionate team leader, you believe in the importance of training Team Members to ensure high standards of guest service, quality and cleanliness are achieved. Through your knowledge of the quick-service restaurant industry, you take pride in supporting the General Manager in the day-to-day operations of a fast-paced restaurant.
Your 1-3 years of quick-service experience in a supervisory role combined with your practical knowledge of coaching and training Team Members makes you an ideal candidate for this role.
- Managing labour costs through effective floor management
- Controlling food & paper costs
- Ensuring that product launches and promotions are executed with perfection
- Resolving Guest issues, as well as working with your team to minimize issues
- Training new Team Members
- Train, remind and encourage Team Members to follow all Health & Safety policies and program we have in place
- Coach & discipline Team Members as needed
- Be a leader and always lead by example by following all Tim Hortons policies and procedures
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate daily operations
- Foster a positive work environment through leadership and example
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity for health coverage after 90 days
- Uniforms provided
- Being part of an amazing team
- Flexible schedules
- Community involvement
- Kingston Transit Transpass discount program
- Team Tim Hortons Scholarship Program
- Footwear discount program
- Walking and standing for long periods of time
- Able to lift and carry up to 20 kg / 45 lbs
- Able to help as needed in receiving large deliveries up to twice a week
- Able to transition between cold (e.g. freezer) and hot (e.g. oven) working environments
- Ability to work under pressure in a high fast-paced environment adhering to tight deadlines
- Works in compliance with Health & Safety legislation
- Must be flexible as your work schedule may vary week to week based on business needs while fostering a fair work/life balance. Monthly schedules may require some afternoon and weekend shifts.
In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Tim Hortons Restaurant Owners welcomes and encourages applications from individuals with disabilities. Please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially
- Education - Secondary (high) school graduation
- Experience - Minimum 1 year experience in the quick-service restaurant industry
- Computer Skills - Point of Sale System
- Clearview experience an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Customer service mindset
- Must have access to reliable transportation to and from work, including transportation to
- locations with no public transportation