The Attendant provides personal care and assistance to clients as required by the service plan and in a manner consistent with the Mission,Vision and Values of Providence Care Centre. Duties include but are not limited to: assisting clients with routine personal activities of daily living; light homemaking services, if required; promotion of client independence; regular reporting to program Co-ordinator and Team. Leaders on client issues and concerns; adherence to the Policies and Procedures of Providence Care Centre and the Program; commitment to safe work practices.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides assistance with personal hygiene/care activities as established in the written individual client service agreement/plan. .
- Provides individual assistance with routine personal activities of daily living as established within the
written client service agreement/plan.
- Provides assistance with light homemaking activities as established within the written client service
- Promotes client direction, problem solving and decision –making when delivering pre-arranged attendant services.
- Promptly informs the Program Manager of actual or potential risks to client/ staff safety and any clientrelated concerns.
- Records and submits payroll documentation in a timely manner.
-Works in compliance with the H&S Act and its regulations in performing duties in a safe manner and
follows all health and safety policies, procedures and legislation
- Uses or wears the PPE / equipment as set out by Providence Care policies and procedures
- Reports any missing or defective equipment or PPE of which he/she is aware of and which may endanger himself or herself or another worker, to his/her supervisor or management representative
- Reports any contravention of the act or the regulations, or any hazard of which he/she knows of to
his/her immediate supervisor or a management representative
- Participates in staff meetings, education and/or training for health and safety as required by Providence Care
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Key Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated commitment to the Mission, Vision, Values, Ethics and strategic directions of Providence Care
- Demonstrated ability to create an inclusive and welcoming environment that values each individual;
respects their values, preferences and unique abilities; and mitigates against the experience of stigma
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing process improvement and delivering outstanding quality and results
- Demonstrated understanding and alignment to, expectations and deliverables of the organizational,
department and team goals; effective stewardship of resources
- Demonstrated interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and ability to demonstrate tact and
diplomacy with diverse groups of stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work independently with proven reliability and trustworthiness
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work effectively, manage a full work-load and meet
deadlines in a busy environment with frequent interruptions
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to health and safety policies, procedures and applicable
legislation, promoting a physically and psychologically safe environment for everyone
- Demonstrated good physical condition to meet the physical demands of the position and attend work on a regular basis
Education & Experience:
Personal Support Worker
Certificate from an approved college (equivalent education and experience may be considered
Proven ability to work with minimum supervision.
Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills coupled with the ability to work as a team player
Bilingual in French and English language, preferred
Other Comments / Autres commentaires
-Please send your updated resume and cover letter in one document, quoting the file number in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
-Contact Katie Belisle, Human Resources Specialist, 613 -544-4900 ext 53454 for a complete list of duties, responsibilities or inquiries.
-We are committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices. Please notify the above if you require an accommodation to fully participate in the hiring process or require recruitment documents in French.