Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Automation Specialist is a member of Octane’s technical team. The Automation Specialist works collaboratively with the design, engineering and production teams, as well as maintenance and quality assurance, to continuously improve equipment, systems and facilities engaged in the development and production of Octane's innovative products.
The Automation Specialist will work closely with the members of the Production, Quality and Maintenance teams throughout the commissioning of new automation, including comprehensive activities to document, test and calibrate the manufacturing equipment. The Specialist will work with the Maintenance team to ensure that the mechanical processes run efficiently ongoing, and that the manufacturing equipment is able to meet production targets.
In addition, the Automation Specialist will work with the Maintenance team to complete preventive maintenance, new installations, upgrades and reorganization of facilities and equipment. The Automation Specialist will need to demonstrate independent judgment in the realistic planning, prioritization, and execution of projects, assignments, and communications.
Essential Duties and Responsabilities
- Participate in the sourcing, pricing, installation, testing and maintenance of production equipment and automated machinery.
- Establish related Standard Operating Procedures and training programs.
- Demonstrate the ability to work hands on and understand the fundamentals of mechanical and electrical systems.
- Provide technical support to operations and assembly staff for troubleshooting production equipment, coordinating efforts, and expediting repairs.
- Coordinate with cross-functional departments (Engineering, Operations, Quality, etc.) to ensure equipment effectiveness and reliability.
- Support Health, Safety & Environment projects and initiatives through solutions and effective operational procedures.
- Monitor and improve the efficiency, output and safety of manufacturing processes through observations and measurements as well as by collecting and interpreting data from other technical and operating personnel.
- Act as a resource to manufacturing staff.
- Lead the implementation, optimization, and the utilization of new asset management systems for planning maintenance activities, storing equipment history activities to support corrective/preventive maintenance and asset management activities.
- Audit the effectiveness of on-site machinery to ensure targets are met.
- Participate in customer and ISO audits as it relates to facilities, equipment and maintenance activities and history.
- Maintenance of robotics and associated programming
- PLC programming
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Industrial, or Electrical Engineering or Engineering Technologist diploma from a recognized Community College or other equivalent.
- Courses focused on Robotics maintenance and programming, especially coupled with experience programming ABB Robotics and PLCs.
- 5-7 years related experience in a manufacturing, automation, machining, or electrical manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience managing manufacturing equipment and managing process documentation.
- Excellent ability to troubleshoot a variety or mechanical, electrical, and robotics problems.
- Demonstrated programming ability of ABB Robotics and PLCs
Required Training & Certifications
- Previous WHMIS training
- Trade skills/tickets
- Octane will provide Quality System Training and specified Health and Safety training
50,000 - $60,000/year commensurate with the experience and education requirements being met. This is based on a 40-hour work week and includes a group benefits plan.
3 weeks of paid vacation
The standard office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. Most of the work occurs during regular weekday office hours. However, as a growing company with continuous operations, hours of work involved may vary to accommodate business needs. Flexible hours are required and may include evening and week-end hours from time to time.
Please forward resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Company website at www.OctaneCo.com