Sherwin Williams is looking for energetic, people-driven professionals with an entrepreneurial spirit and a love for outside sales. If you are a problem-solver, excellent communicator, and passionate about long-term customer relationships, you could join us as a Sales Representative Trainee.
What you’ll do
Our Sales Rep Training program is designed to familiarize you with our products, customers and systems, preparing you for a role as one of our Business Development Representatives.
You’ll learn the skills needed to build a successful territory through business to business outside sales. With a combination of mentorships and training modules, you’ll have the resources to sell to a wide variety of commercial paint customers. After your training period, you’ll partner with our dynamic team of Store Managers to build your business and hit sales targets. You’ll have the professional tools to develop a market strategy, conduct product demonstrations, and advise customers on their paints & coatings projects.
Where will this take you?
As you demonstrate success and leadership, you’ll have the opportunity to tackle more intricate territories and higher management roles. Your learning never ends at Sherwin-Williams. With 90% of our promotions coming from our existing team, your success and development are crucial to our success as Canada’s fastest growing paint brand. What does that mean for you? A company dedicated to your professional development and a future filled with possibilities!
Who are we?
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $15.8 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. In Canada since 2004, we’ve expanded to nearly 250 locations coast to coast, with stores in every province! With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today!
- Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Ability to operate a computer and communicate via the telephone.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- High school diploma or comparable certification (e.g. GED).
- Bachelor's degree in a Business-related field.
- Experience in conducting outside sales calls to build new business and increase existing business.
- Time management skills to organize daily planning and monthly activities.
- Customer service skills, including problem solving and handling customer complaints.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, disability, age, family status, genetic information, creed, citizenship status, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract.
Gatineau, Quebec | Ottawa, Ontario | Kingston, Ontario | Belleville, Ontario | Peterborough, Ontario | Orleans, Ontario | Sudbury, Ontario
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time