The Carpenter is responsible for the overall delivery of repair work inside Tamarack home building projects. The performance of the duties must ensure a quality approach to all, home owners, employees, managers trades and vendors. The Carpenter will perform rough and finishing work. All responsibilities must be performed in a manner consistent with the Tamarack vision, mission, and must comply with all company policies and procedures. The Carpenter in coordination with the site superintendent is responsible for designing and carrying out policies and procedures that support the strategy and goals of home buildings by Tamarack Developments.
The ideal candidate will be available to start early to mid-September 2018.
Skills & Experience / Compétences & expérience
• Perform repairs to the internal and external structure while ensuring the buildings
• Install structures and fixtures, such as windows, frames, floorings, and trim, or
hardware, using carpenter's hand and power tools.
• Installation of dry-wall, and repairs of drywall after home completion should there be
• Fill cracks and other defects in plaster or plasterboard and sand patch, using patching
plaster, trowel, and sanding tool.
• Sanding surfaces, taping and preparing the home prior to the trades coming in
• Repair any issues after the trades have been in the homes.
• Meet trades on site and oversee their work when completing repairs. Notify Finishing
Foreman and Site Superintendent of required repairs.
• Sanding and pulling nails from floor, preparing surfaces for the installation of flooring.
• Build required items such as stairs and cabinets or specialty furniture as requested.
• Prepare and install cosmetic wood working repairs and replacements.
• Operate and maintain carpentry tools and equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
• Work with Finishing Foreman and Site Superintendent to order supplies as they are
required during the building phases.
• Remove damaged or defective parts or sections of structures and repair or replace,
using hand tools.
• Arrange for subcontractors to deal with special areas such as heating and electrical
• Prepare houses for customer move in; ensuring they are ready for delivery.
• Occasionally fixing home issues after home owner move in as per the site inspectors
and service tech’s reports.
• Maintain records, document actions and submit written progress reports.
• Perform other related duties, including minor duties of other trades where certification is
not required and the work does not exceed own limitations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Certificate of apprentice or carpenter.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience as an interior finishing carpenter.
• Physically fitness and manual dexterity are required.
• Quality orientation and attention to detail.
• Knowledge and use of Imperial and Metric measurements
• Strong mathematical reasoning.
• Ability to use heavy machinery- power tools.
Physical/Sensory Effort/Work Environment:
• Providing service to several people or departments, working under many simultaneous
• Sitting or Standing for long periods of time at workstation
• Heavy manual labor, requires ability to climb ladders and lift and manipulate objects up
• Use of Personal Protection Equipment will be required (e.g. hard-hat, safety boots, etc.)
• Hazards associated with the construction industry.