Claims Customer Specialists- As a Claims Customer Service Specialist you will have a direct impact on the customer’s satisfaction and experience with our company, products, and services.
Key responsibilities include verbally collecting pertinent information from the customer over the phone, provide empathy during difficult customer conversations, determining insurance coverage on each claim, multitasking through various systems and applications and providing the appropriate resolution based on Assurant’s company guidelines and values.
A Day in the Life
- Handle incoming calls in a high-volume environment;
- Respond to customer inquiries regarding service, billing, equipment, features, activations, product function and/or changes to account information.
- Expected to meet and challenged to exceed, department standards with respect to Key Performance Indicators (quality of customer interactions, retention of customer products and services, efficiency of service delivery), resulting in world-class customer service;
- Educate customers on the features and benefits of various products and services and make recommendations based on customer needs;
- Adhere to compliance and call handling guidelines and schedule;
- Ensure data accuracy and security;
- Utilize internet, Microsoft Office and system tools
- Relay customer feedback to supervisor in order to identify trends and situations requiring further investigation;
- Other duties as assigned to fulfill business needs.
What's in it For You?
We stand behind our employees in a number of important ways. Take a sneak peek at what you can expect from a career at Assurant:
- Customer Impact: Opportunities to create great customer experiences
- Diversity and Inclusion: An open and supportive workplace for all individuals
- Respect and Integrity: A culture of personal accountability and high ethical standards
- Support for Success: Managers and coworkers committed to coaching, guidance and collaboration
- Recognition: Recognition of significant contributions
- Employee Benefits: Access to a variety of benefits (i.e. Health and Dental Benefits, Health Care Spending Account, Pension, Referrals etc..)
- Work-Life Effectiveness: Innovative approaches to provide you with flexibility
- Career Possibilities: Encouragement to explore your potential and contribute to your fullest
Skills & Experience / Compétences & expérience
Those interested in this position and with the above qualifications are requested to submit their application in writing, along with their resume, to our website www.assurant.ca