Location of role can be in either 3 locations: Listowel, Kingston or Kemptville
• Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
• Working closely with (Sr) Client Relationship Managers, the CSA is responsible for providing the following services to a portfolio of existing and prospective clients:
o Onboarding: Supporting the collection of information directly from clients and from various sources necessary to assess the client’s risk profile in order to ensure the Bank meets its regulatory requirements related to KYC, AML, etc. This includes contacting clients, sourcing internal/external sources/web sites, documenting information in Know Your Client documentation in various formats such as the Client Profile Information documents and responding to various internal Compliance groups.
o Client servicing escalations: Help resolve service related matters raised by the client directly to the (Sr) Client Relationship Manager. This responsibility does not replace the servicing provided through the Business Service Center and is typically credit in nature or day to day servicing.
o Credit related tasks: (a) Contact clients for financial reporting and spread Financial Statements, Projections and Borrowing bases, review results, escalate any signs of deterioration and update appropriate systems; (b) commence preparation of Credit Presentations; (c) assist with completion of conditions precedent, diligence and any other requirements necessary to obtain approvals (d) ensure client files are complete and appropriately documented in various systems (eg. SDR, e-tracker etc.) and (e) general support as necessary in the annual review process and other credit related situations needed to maintain portfolio quality.
o Fulfilment: Coordinating efforts with the client and various internal partners (eg. BSC, EDDU, CRA, GBM) to ensure loan funding and business account openings are fulfilled as per customer expectations.
• Provide status information on the progress of various fulfilment, KYC, AML onboarding and service requests and ensure bottlenecks or delays are promptly escalated with a plan to resolve
• Look for opportunities to make suggestions to continually improve processes and client satisfaction metrics. This may include actioning feedback received directly from clients or through client satisfaction vehicles such as the Pulse
• Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
• Champions a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vision/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
The CSA will be responsible for supporting approximately 2-4 (Sr) Client Relationship Managers in the Agriculture group.
The clients being serviced are in Canada and generally within the same region although they could have operations across the country as well as in international locations. These clients will be both borrowing and non-borrowing. Borrowing Clients typically have standard to moderately complex financial solutions.
Strong organizational skills are necessary to manage significant data from multiple sources and balance various tasks from client service administration to borrower reporting processing to credit related support
The CSA will typically receive requests from the (Sr) Client Relationship Managers but may also at times be requested to support Directors and Vice Presidents in the group.
The CSA will interact primarily with the following partners: Global Risk Management, the Business Service Center, Enhanced Due Diligence Unit CRA and Global Banking and Markets, but could include other partners.
The CSA continually works with clients providing service consistent with Scotia Service Standards, Complaint Resolution Standards and Procedures. The CSA looks for opportunities to promote the sale of bank product and services.
The environment is fast paced and demanding and will at times require priorities be re-adjusted to accommodate urgent requests.
Skills & Experience / Compétences & expérience
• College/University degree or equivalent work experience
• Commitment to participate in other training requirements as determined by the Bank from time to time
• Strong commitment to excellent client service and ability to work with clients to resolve issues in an amicable and prompt manner
• Strong organizational skills to co-ordinate and prioritize a number of concurrent requests from different Relationship Managers
• Strong interpersonal skills to obtain agreements within Commercial Banking/Agriculture and partners
• Strong written and verbal skills with proven ability to engage stakeholders and clients
• Strong knowledge of Onboarding, Know Your Customer, Anti Money Laundering processes
• Good knowledge of Financial Statements and credit analysis
• Good knowledge of credit structures and applicable risk management
• Good knowledge of fulfilment processes and roles of partners
• Good knowledge of Commercial Banking partners and their involvement in servicing clients. In particular knowledge of the Business Service Center, Enhanced Due Diligence Team and Cash Management teams is important
• Good knowledge of the Commercial Banking Distribution structure as well as role of other groups within Commercial Banking (Roynat, Real Estate, Leasing etc)
• Thorough knowledge of the applicable software and technology platforms for Commercial (e.g., Sales Force, Intralink, Lotus Notes)
• Working knowledge of the features and benefits of Commercial products and services
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
• A high degree of flexibility to adapt to a wide variety of tasks
• Strong commitment to accuracy, customer focus and results focus