The CNC Equipment Operator will operate the CNC Turret Punch machine and support the production team by operating machinery by punching of metal products which meet the dimensional specifications.
- Quality Orientation
- Time Management
- Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Development and Continual Learning
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Research and Analysis
- Decision making and Judgment
- Operating Equipment
- Providing Consultation
- Ethics and Integrity
- Planning and Organizing
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Enforcing Laws, Rules and Regulations
- Mediating and Negotiating
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Energy & Stress
Job Roles and Responsibilities:
- Under the direction of a supervisor and/or experienced machinist, responsible for quality parts produced on the CNC Turret Punch, and other machinery used in production
- Responsible for loading parts, operating controls, setting simple edits, deburring and inspection of quality parts for conformance to requirements.
- Studies and interprets drawings, manuals, specifications or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces, sequence of operations and setup requirements.
- Measures dimensions and reference points on material or work pieces as a guide for subsequent machining.
- Communicates with supervisor, engineers, production control, quality and other shop personnel for assignments and to resolve machining or quality issues.
- Responsible for keeping equipment and work area clean and orderly and perform basic preventative maintenance functions on equipment.
- Compute dimensions and tolerances and measure and lay out work pieces
- Set up, operate and maintain a variety of machine tools including computer numerically controlled (CNC) tools to perform precision, non-repetitive machining operations such as sawing, turning, milling, boring, planing, drilling, precision grinding and other operations
- Verify dimensions of products for accuracy and conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments
- May set up and program machine tools for use by machining tool operators.
· May perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Set up and run programs in a lean manufacturing environment
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Minimum of 2 years of experience operating and programming the Trumpf, Amada, or similar CNC machines preferred.
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions.
- Must be adaptable to a changing work environment, competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible shifts and changing work schedules.
- Must possess basic math skills to include but not limited to adding, subtracting, multiplication, division, geometry and algebra for the purpose calculating material fabrication.
- Able to fabricate new parts to replace defective parts during machine setup, maintenance, or overhaul.
- Thorough knowledge of load bearing capabilities of the equipment.
- Demonstrated aptitude in reading and interpreting blueprints, diagrams, schematics, drawings, manuals, and specifications.
- Basic knowledge of auto CAD highly preferred
- Solid background working with sheet metal
- Accurate and highly analytical.
· Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
Negotiable and will commensurate with experience.
- Ability to lift and carry objects up to 50 lbs.
- Manual dexterity required to use power and hand tools.
- Frequently noisy working environment.
- Overtime as required.
· Use of PPE, including safety glasses and steel toe boots required.
Key Performance Indicators (KPI):
- On time delivery > 90%
- No loss time injury quality
Other Comments / Autres commentaires
Manufacturing Steel/aluminum: 1 year (Preferred)
CNC Turret Punch Operator: 1 year (Preferred)