Reporting to the Administrative and Customer Service Coordinator, the Customer Service Representative will be responsible for providing customer service, reception and cashiering service for the Leisure and Activity Centre and the W.J. Henderson Recreation Centre. Functions will include responding to and/or directing all telephone and counter enquires, receiving/processing program registrations, facility bookings, admission fees and product sales.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work to ensure a positive and welcoming image and environment for the public and staff attending the Centre’s. Greet customers and maintain excellent customer service at all times.
• Respond to enquiries (walk-in, telephone, email) from staff and patrons, and provide accurate information in a professional and courteous manner.
Refer enquiries to other staff and departments, as required.
• Be familiar with Recreation program offerings and services and provide access to marketing materials, including the Recreation Services Guide.
• Assist in program follow-up calls, including wait lists, cancellations, transfers, etc.
• Assist with program and facility set up.
• Receive and process payment for program registrations, memberships, daily programs, facility bookings and products, using the Recreation Management Software.
• Add and update client account information, as needed.
• Follow all cash handling procedures in accordance with Loyalist Township Policies and Procedures.
• Perform processing/reporting of all payments and cash balancing.
• Accurately complete all appropriate forms.
• Assist with special events/activities and administrative duties as assigned by the Administrative and Customer Service Coordinator.
• Maintain a safe and clean environment.
The job description reflects the primary duties and responsibilities of this position and should not be construed as to describe, in detail, all duties and responsibilities of the job.
Skills & Experience / Compétences & expérience
• Minimum grade 12 high school diploma
• Team player with excellent customer service and communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to resolve issues in a professional and courteous manner
• Previous customer service and cashier experience
• Good keyboarding skills
• Proficiency in computer software applications (i.e. Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.) and the ability to adapt quickly to new software
• Administration of computerized recreation management applications
• General office business skills
• Proficient at processing cash, debit and credit card transactions
• Possess a keen eye for detail and accuracy
• Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to function in a multi-task environment
• Able to work with minimal supervision
• Able to maintain confidentiality of information
• Ability to work varying hours, including evenings and weekends
• Standard First Aid and CPR C
• Satisfactory Criminal Record and Vulnerable Persons check
Other Comments / Autres commentaires
Hours: up to 24 hours per week
Hourly Rate: $18.32
Closing: July 22, 2019 @ 4:30 pm
A detailed job description is below. Please submit cover letter and résumé marked with the file number to email@example.com.
Loyalist Township is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The Township provides support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities; including accommodation that considers an applicant’s accessibility needs. Candidates requiring accommodation during the recruitment process are asked to contact the Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are a person with a disability and need.
Loyalist Township information in another format, please contact 613-386-7351 ext. 100, between 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. or e-mail email@example.com.