Dragonware Technologies Inc. delivers complete IT services. From planning and disposition to staffing and maintenance, we help our clients achieve their best through the most appropriate technology solutions.
The successful candidate will be responsible for completing hardware installations at our client’s locations including: POS (point of sale), desktop, laptop, server & network equipment, digital signage AV hardware as well as completing site surveys and other administrative tasks as required. Professional conduct, high quality customer service, excellent communication skills and attention to detail are essential to this position. Hours may vary dependent on project requirements.
Task, Duties & Responsibilities
- Focus on completing onsite activities in a timely and efficient manner, ensuring that communication is maintained with internal and external clients. Clients are to be made aware of what Dragonware Technologies Inc will be doing, what they should expect, and that they are comfortable and understand the entire process from start to finish.
- Follow documentation precisely and report any onsite issues to the appropriate escalation contact in a timely manner.
- Complete required paperwork accurately and send to Project Management Office upon completion of onsite activities.
- Attention to detail on all aspects of service delivery in order to meet or exceed Customer’s expectations.
- Minimum 3 years experience connecting/supporting POS, desktop, server and network equipment preferably in the financial services and/or retail environment
- Minimum 2 years’ experience installing wall mounted flat panel TV/monitors and associated mounting hardware preferably in the corporate environment
- Exposure to general networking protocols
- Installation and setup of Video Walls
- Working knowledge of digital signage media players, A/V cabling standards and interconnect hardware methodologies.
- Experience using power tools: hammer drill, electric screwdriver and screw guns
- Moderate to advanced knowledge of installation cabling best practices, experience running cables through buildings/walls, and drilling into wood/drywall/concrete
- Previous satellite or cable TV service installation experiences an asset
- Working knowledge of DSL and LAN cabling installations desirable
- CompTIA A+ or MCDST certifications considered an asset
- Experience using and installing software and migrating user data
- Moderate to excellent knowledge of crimp network cables, cable testing, knowledge of cabling best practices, experience running cables through buildings/walls, experience drilling holes through wood/drywall/concrete
- Comfortable at heights of approximately 1- -20 feet with proper safety equipment.
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Must possess hardware/software troubleshooting skills combined with good written and oral communication skills
- PDI+, MCDST, Network+, Server+, CCNA certifications an asset
- Experience in providing support on common application software
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to travel to client locations with your own vehicle
- Able to work, both during regular business hours or after hours as required
- Access to a computer to receive communications and printer to print documentation
- Attention to details required
- Excellent customer relation skills mandatory
- Incorporated technicians are preferred
- Desktop Support: 2 years (Preferred)
- G Class Driver's Licence? (Required)
- HST - Sole Prop or Incorporated? (Required)
Other Comments / Autres commentaires
Dragonware Technologies Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process