The Compensation Coordinator provides support to our distribution partners by ensuring compensation is paid on a weekly basis. The incumbent is guided by defined procedural constraints and works under the supervision of the Supervisor, Dealer Services.
Ensures that distribution partner compensation is paid accurately and on time. Ensures that any adjustments are processed and validated.
- Key point of contact with Distribution partners for inquiries related to compensation calculations and payment
- Ensure compensation payments for distribution partners are processed accurately and on time
- Distribute commission statements to distribution partners
- Compile data for reports for a variety of stakeholders
- Enter compensation data into database and administration systems; review and analyze compensation data to ensure accuracy; resolve discrepancies; ensure database is updated and validated with correct information
- Process Electronic Fund Transfers and cheques for compensation payments based on schedule
- Validate and request T4A’s for distribution partners; distribute annually
- Process block transfers for servicing and advisor changes
- Process block valuations for distribution partners
- Identify inquiries and issues for escalation; escalate to 2nd level support
- Identify requests and exceptions and gain approval/authorization from the Supervisor or Manager, Dealer Services
Skills & Experience / Compétences & expérience
3 - 5 years work experience in office administration
Customer service experience
Proficiency in Microsoft office products, email, Internet and database computer software
Knowledge of Empire Life systems
Bilingualism (English/French) is an asset
Education / Professional Courses
Completion of a community college diploma with courses in business administration and/or accounting
Ability to prioritize and balance multiple tasks
Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills
Attention to detail/accuracy
Well-developed customer relations skills
Ability to work independently and as a team member
Well-developed communication skills
Driving for Results
Judgment and decision-making
Prolonged periods of concentration and attention to detail
Prolonged periods of sitting while using a computer and/or telephone
Prolonged repetitive actions (e.g. keyboarding)
Extended hours/overtime may be required
Business partners including distribution partners
Employees and management on a local and national basis
In business for more than 90 years, with our head office in Kingston, Ontario, Empire Life continues to grow with offices across the country. Our success is based on a commitment to being approachable and responsive to the needs of our clients and distribution partners, on consistently solid investment performance and on faith in our employees as future leaders.
For regular full-time positions, Empire Life offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including a bonus plan and opportunities for career development.
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity and to build a career in an innovative and dynamic organization, submit your resume by clicking on Apply Now.
Comments / Commentaires
We offer an environment that encourages the pursuit of personal and professional success. We acknowledge and reward talent, and support our employees in achieving and exceeding individual and organizational goals.
At the heart of our success is our focus on customers. We provide protection and financial security for Canadians—with a personal touch.
•Learning & Development
•Current Career Opportunities
Empire Life welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the screening and selection process.