Cardinal Health-Gananoque manufactures many life impacting medical devices that help our customers thrive in a changing world.
We strive each day to make healthcare more efficient and effective and our patients as healthy as possible. We are more than 450+ employees with 109 years of Canadian history, a deep understanding of medical devices we manufacture every day and a passion for innovation. We apply our industry experience and expertise to help you reduce the total cost of healthcare so you can focus on improving the lives of our patients. We utilize our scale and knowledge to create and provide solutions across our entire product portfolio from start to finish; not only today, but well into the future. We’re accountable for our results and proud of the work we perform and products we produce.
As Engineering & Maintenance Manager of a 24/7 FDA regulated manufacturing facility, you will lead our site’s engineering and maintenance teams, develop strategies and budgets to continuously improve the overall sites performance through project management methodologies executed to the latest industry best practices. You will accomplish this by leveraging your teams’ mechanical, electrical and problem-solving expertise and collaborating with Operations and other site teams.
Key areas of responsibilities will be to develop and continuously improve project management, reliability improvement, cost reduction, leveraging maintenance information system (MAXIMO) and Operational Excellence programs. Your team will utilize these programs to efficiently deliver, on time, on budget, projects across the site in order to achieve the site’s annual OEE, as well as other KPI goals.
Inspirational and technical leadership will be key in attracting, retaining and developing your team members who deliver on cost saving projects, preventative and predictive maintenance which support our goal to be a highly efficient manufacturing facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- As a Technical Leader, and a member of the site Senior Management Team, your daily actions are expected to be carried out as a role model in exhibiting such behaviours and fostering the development of our corporate values: accountable, tenacious, inventive, adaptable, enthusiastic, competitive, open, direct, respectful, trusted and inclusive.
- Participate and contribute to our strategic planning process for the Site Annual Development Plan and help create a clear vision of our engineering and technical footprint.
- Develop, train and mentor engineering, maintenance and operations teams.
- Identify and manage the execution of projects for the site which deliver improvements on Scrap reduction, OEE, Production efficiency and overall productivity. Develop and manage annual capital/department budgets to ensure flawless project delivery. Track and report cost savings delivered from these projects.
- Achieve results through Kaizens, A3 problem solving and Just Do It processes.
- Continuously improve our site’s project management programs/methodology, Maintenance & Reliability systems which deliver higher OEE. Use logic and reasoning to identify alternative solutions, conclusions, and approaches to solving equipment opportunities. Must have strong analytical problem-solving skills and willing to develop these skills in direct reports
- Knowledge and understanding of reliability cantered maintenance practice. Knowledge and understanding of sound engineering practices and principles.
- Work closely with the Planning, Operations, and Corporate OpEx teams to coordinate maintenance events including resource planning, change overs, preventative maintenance and project scheduling.
- Collaborate and standardize with other Cardinal Health manufacturing facilities in spreading and adopting best practices/technologies aligned with various programs including Maintenance Excellence.
- Provide technical expertise to our operations, maintenance, and project teams surrounding equipment troubleshooting, optimization, centre lining and autonomous maintenance.
- Leverage and coordinate contractor activities whenever necessary.
- Responsible for seeing that all related activities are performed in a manner that complies with the Cardinal Quality Management, Safety or Environmental Management Systems, and all governing regulatory bodies.
- Ability to work flexible hours to support operations.
- Occasional travel (less than 5%) to other manufacturing locations, training and trade shows.
Skills & Experience / Compétences & expérience
A bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical preferred).
10 years’ + experience in a fast-paced technology driven manufacturing environment.
Strong technical expertise learned through hands on experience in an industrial/manufacturing environment.
Formal business management training, education and related experience an asset.
Effective team, relationship and stakeholder management.
Strategic leader that can effectively translate the vision into impactful results and effectively manage change through strong verbal and communication skills.
Packaging and automation experience.
Working knowledge of quality system regulations, cGMPs, and FDA.
Proven track record of ability to handle multi-tasks simultaneously. Must be able to make decisions in an independent mode, if necessary.
Strong mechanical and electrical background.
PLC/Controls knowledge and experience.
Lean and Six Sigma tools and techniques.
Solid trouble shooting skills.
Strong work ethic and a demonstrated commitment to excellence as an effective change agent.
Other Comments / Autres commentaires
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.