The Technical Writer is responsible for developing, editing, writing and/or translating procedures, manuals, reports and emails for environmental and wastewater projects. They are required to write in a concise yet informative, easy to understand style based on the requirements outlined by the client and by the Aureus Project Manager. The Technical Writer will research and understand the functionality and purpose of industrial processes (wastewater, fueling, environmental compliance, environmental management systems) through either guided site visits with the Project Manager and/or video documentation and summarize this information into concisely worded and formatted text that is easily absorbed and understood by the target audience. The Technical Writer must be proficient in French, with the ability to speak, read and write in French.
We are looking for motivated candidates who are looking to expand their skill sets, who can work well with a project team and clients, who have excellent communication skills and a helpful attitude.
- Assist Project Manager with proposal writing
- Work with Project Manager to develop wastewater, fueling, drinking water, and environmental operating manuals, standard operating procedures, emergency plans and other relevant communications. Technical information must conform with the client’s style and formatting requirements and be comprehensive with an emphasis on accuracy and optimal end-user proficiency
- Research regulatory information using various resources
- Collaborate with consulting team to ensure project completion to deadline and budget
- Prepare client correspondence and project reporting
- Proofread reports of others
- Foster relationships with existing clients based on existing work and to generate new work
- Organize and prioritize work to meet multiple deadlines
Recommended skills and Competencies
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Planning, organization, time management and attention to detail
- Mathematical literacy (familiarity with flows, pressures, volumes, etc.)
- Communication (verbal and written) skills, including technical report writing and reviewing experience
- Excellent proofreading skills with the ability to identify grammar, spelling and punctuation errors
- Manage multiple tasks and tight timelines.
- Interpret and apply environmental management legislation, regulations and policies
- Must be proficient in French (verbal and written)
- Exceptional writing, editing and formatting skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Proficiency with Google Suite (Gmail, Google Earth, Google Drive)
Additional preferRed Experiences
- Technical experience in industrial processes and/or environmental field
- Familiarity with process flow diagram interpretation
- Familiarity with ISO management systems or similar
- Work in the exciting and personally fulfilling environmental field
- Work with a growing, innovative and talented group of individuals
- Enjoy a flexible and self-managed work environment
- Enjoy multi-faceted projects and tasks
Other Comments / Autres commentaires
Aureus Solutions Inc. is a growing boutique consulting firm specializing in:
• Water and wastewater consulting;
• Environmental compliance consulting; and
• Environmental management system consulting.
We work throughout North America with a growing team in Quebec, Ontario, Alberta and BC. Since 2005, Aureus’ expert assistance has enabled clients to respond more effectively to current business, regulatory and legal challenges, and to reduce or eliminate future liabilities.