Performs repairs, PM inspections and minor alterations to all aspects of the Building, equipment and grounds under the direction of a certified tradesman including plumbing, carpentry, electrical, mechanical, refrigeration, painting, and masonry.
The work is broad in nature and follows policies and procedures, legislative codes and regulations, to support reliable safe comfortable environment.
Within this role the employee is accountable for contributing to the delivery of the Kingston Health Sciences Centre strategy. As an employee, one must demonstrate an awareness of and be responsible for actively promoting and supporting patient and family centered engagement and care in all we do.
PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- The Generalist 2 is a multi - tasking position performing duties consistent with those of a Building and Systems Maintenance Technician as recognized by Building Owners and Managers Association as it pertains to a hospital environment.
- Performs minor repairs or alterations to Buildings and grounds such as but not limited to architectural, electrical, plumbing, mechanical, refrigeration and network features under the direction of a certified tradesman.
- Prepares and performs finish work to all surfaces including patching, sanding of plaster and drywall, flooring and carpet repair, cove base, ceilings, exterior fence repairs, concrete work, manual digging, cleaning, paving, etc.
- Operates Plant systems equipment efficiently to include Building Automation Systems: Heating, Ventilation, air conditioning equipment, chilled water systems, isolated power systems, lighting systems, communication systems, patient alarms, computerized tube system, nurses call systems, food re-therm systems, intercoms, snowmelt systems, automated building systems, MCC panels, pumps, compressors, cooling towers, isolation rooms, replace or adjust existing plumbing fixtures china features, water, steam, heating, automated building systems, chemical treatment systems, asbestos management, medical gas systems, steam traps and lighting.
- Inspects, repairs equipment such as:
- Operating room tables, surgical lights, warming cabinets, centrifuges, kitchen equipment, sterilization equipment, CPS and lab equipment, refrigeration systems (not including sealed refrigerant systems), hydro clave, shredders, conveyors, converters, kitchen equipment, minor duct work repairs/ inspection, air balancing, chairs, beds, cribs, operating room tables, wheeled devices .
- Cooling towers, valves, controllers, converters, radiators backflow preventions, hydro lave, kitchen equipment, furnishing such as millwork, furniture’s, protective wall devices and system, cove base
- Apply paint, varnish and stain on all types wood and millwork surfaces such as desks, chairs, beds, tables, etc new and refinish work using the appropriate tools and equipment.
- Participates in the development of maintenance programs, work schedules, and maintains records as required. Plans, prepares layouts, reads and interoperates blue prints and specifications, submits for approval estimates for labor and material, feasibility of repairs and maintenance projects and orders materials.
- Assists other personnel as required or maybe called on to do other duties by the maintenance department. Responds to emergency call-in, on-call, 24-7 shift rotation as required
Skills & Experience / Compétences & expérience
Grade 12 diploma and a 2 year Healthcare Maintenance Technician (HMT) certificate or BOMA Systems Maintenance Technician certificate or Trade certified in Electrical or maintenance mechanic or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Minimum of 2 years related maintenance experience in a health care facility or institution maintaining buildings and equipment.
Experience with building automation systems
Strong troubleshooting and interpersonal skills
Basic Level Word and Excel –
Excellent customer service skills and the ability to maintain departmental relations
Ability to work independently
Demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize workload
Satisfactory criminal record check required.
Proven ability to attend work regularly.
The applicant must be able to meet the physical demands of this position.
Other Comments / Autres commentaires
If you require an accommodation to fully participate in the hiring process, please notify the Recruitment Team.