Reporting to the Manager of Finance, this Financial Analyst is responsible for financial and business analysis with a strong focus on the implementation and support of business information systems across multiple departments and companies.
The incumbent will develop and monitor data quality metrics and ensure business data and reporting needs are met and ensure compliance with applicable standards, rules, regulations and systems of internal control. The analyst will identify and respond to problems and opportunities within the company and ultimately provide solutions that help achieve the business' goals.
The analyst will review, analyze and evaluate business systems and user needs to improve systems and recommending modifications and will actively participate in the implementation of approved changes. The analyst will conduct and coordinate financial, operational and related research to support strategic and business planning within the various departments and programs of the company.
The analyst will interpret, evaluate and interrelate data and develop integrated business analyses and projections for incorporation into strategic decision-making. The analyst will also represent the company on shared service projects and backfill and support other Financial Analysts with operational and regulatory reporting as needed.
Skills & Experience / Compétences & expérience
• Post-secondary diploma or degree in Business Administration or related field, CPA or MBA designation an asset
• Minimum 6-8 years’ accounting experience performing financial analysis
• Working with Microsoft Dynamics A/X an asset
• Demonstrated advanced MS Excel skills
• Advanced ability to apply business analysis techniques to complex situations and to work independently and with a high degree of accuracy
• Advanced knowledge and understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants’ Public Sector Accounting Standards (PSAB)
• Basic knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety requirements as it relates to individuals, the organization and operational requirements
• Advanced analytical skills and organizational skills
• Advanced interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
Special Working Conditions/Conditions of Employment
• A Criminal Record Check, to the satisfaction of Utilities Kingston, will be required at the successful candidate’s expense
Your resume and/or cover letter must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements of the position.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided as required by the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) upon request.
Utilities Kingston is committed to employment equity and we encourage applications from all designated group members. Our goal is a diverse, inclusive workforce that reflects the Kingston community.
Utilities Kingston thanks all candidates that apply; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Comments / Commentaires
Utilities Kingston is unique in Ontario, combining water, wastewater, gas and electrical services and a broadband fibre optics provided in one company under the leadership of a single C.E.O. This shared services delivery model gives Utilities Kingston clear advantages in cost savings and customer service over other utility providers in the province. Utilities Kingston has provided the residents of Kingston with safe and reliable utility services for more than 100 years.