Movement Performance Centre fitness specialist will assists with improving and maintaining functional independence and physical performance; preventing and managing pain, physical impairments, disabilities and limits to participation and promoting fitness health and wellness. As well, will assists in the day-to-day running of the facility as it relates to office procedures and the promotion of the Clinic as a Health Care business.
- Provides strength and conditioning services to clients in a private, semi-private or group setting
- Producing subjective reports and objective evaluations
- Design and implementation of strength and conditioning programs based on the individualized need of the clients
- Evaluation of health status as a baseline for monitoring or determining results or effectiveness of intervention with clients
- Educate clients with transferring knowledge and skills to promote independence, competence, management and prevention
- Demonstrates him/herself to be a suitable role model of good health practices for the clients, other staff, and the public
- Complete Movement Screens as per the FMS and MPC protocol
- Performs other related duties that may become necessary from time to time
Skills & Experience / Compétences & expérience
-Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science, Kinesiology or Equivalent
-Ability to work independently and collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team
-Must be computer literate and able to utilize electronic documentation and communication resources, e.g. Excel, Word, etc.
-Standard First Aid and CPR with training in AED
-FMS certified an asset