Position Summary: SMG Canada, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities is currently recruiting positions in the Department of Food and Beverage for Catering Servers in our Luxury Suites and Shaw Insurance Club Lounge areas.
• Service delivery of all Suite Orders in our Luxury Suites, and Club Lounge premium service areas
• Consistently providing superior customer service during demanding and fast-paced events.
Role Specifications and Abilities
• Successful candidates will need to work flexible hours for all shifts. This includes, weekends, evenings, late nights.
• Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written English. Ability to communicate in French is an asset although not a requirement.
• Excellent attention to detail and customer service skills
• Professional presentation, appearance and work ethic
• SmartServe is mandatory for all applicants
• Food Safety Certificate and asset.
• Other duties as assigned in particular moving between departments and reporting managers to effectively work collaboratively for the varied events at the Leon’s Centre.
Skills & Experience / Compétences & expérience
• Minimum 3 years experience in restaurant, bar, catering and/or banquet service environment
• Applicants must be of legal age to serve alcohol in Ontario, and have valid proof of SmartServe Certification
• Varying hours Part Time up to 15 hours per week
• Contract/ Seasonal
Comments / Commentaires
Applicants must include the Job Title in the subject line of your email. Submissions without corresponding job title or general applications for positions that are not posted will not be accepted.
Attach your cover letter and resume to the email. The documents must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.Your resume or application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements for the position. We thank all of those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to work both indoors and outdoors as required by the function. Must have the physical ability to maneuver around facility, walking and/or standing and/or sitting at times in excess of 6 hours daily.