HouseMasters Construction is a General Construction Company operating out of Durham, Toronto and surrounding areas in Ontario. Proudly engaging with the provincial government co-op, OYAP, and youth placement programs HouseMasters has built a strong, large crew of committed, skilled, and driven carpenters. Our crew size allows HouseMasters to accommodate a wide variety and size of construction and home improvement projects.
Framing Carpenters focus primarily on building the foundation of the structure with their work beginning early in the building process.
- Primary role includes all elements in residential framing projects
- Preparatory work including wrap up of building tools and materials
- Demonstrated competency at measuring and cutting lumber
- Cribbing the footings and assembly of the ICF system.
- Pouring of concrete walls and any other structural concrete.
- Framing the roof and any interior walls.
- Preparing the building for finish carpenters take over.
- Participation in the finishing work as required
Some residential renovation projects like finish carpentry, trimwork, and tilework.
Skills & Experience / Compétences & expérience
If you are someone who is looking to become a Master at the carpentry trade and executes at a competent, consistent pace, this could be the opportunity for you. We're looking for someone with:
-The ability to perform physical labor such as lifting and carrying heavy items, including the wood, rebar and other building materials.
-The ability to read Blueprints.
-Awareness and knowledge of relevant building codes.
-Knowledge of precise measuring techniques and mathematics to ensure all necessary pieces are the required size and properly fit together.
-Ability to skillfully use carpentry tools, including measuring devices, hand and power saws, and other required equipment.
-Most work is done outdoors.
-Must have Working at Heights Certification
Other Comments / Autres commentaires
If you require special accommodation during the interview, please inform the hiring manager ahead of time.