We are looking for an experienced Head of Information Systems to join our IT department in Kingston, Ontario. This position is responsible for supporting Windows based PCs, servers, network infrastructure, firewall and will play a key role in disaster recovery planning and ESG integration to its parent company. This is an excellent opportunity for an IT professional who is looking for their next challenge and enjoys the fast pace of an entrepreneurial environment while working with a small, innovative team.
The successful applicant will join ESG’s IT Department and will be reporting to the VP of Finance.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Install, configure, and support servers, data storage devices, firewalls, and networking equipment at corporate offices.
- Configure and test PCs and servers prior to deployment in field operations
- Test new software releases, system upgrades, and software patches before deployment
- Monitor and maintain software back-ups and file replication
- Analyze system logs to identify potential issues with computer systems
- Perform routine audits of systems and software
- Ensure that the network infrastructure is up and running
- Analyze system performance and make tuning adjustments for optimum performance
- Maintain configuration documentation and equipment inventory for all systems
- Troubleshoot any reported problems
- Plan system expansion / integration with remote offices and subsidiary companies
- Answer technical queries
- Participate in multiple technology and business projects
- Develop and maintain departmental budget
- Supervise members of IT team
- Maintain & Develop objectives and KPI for staff
- Manage vendor contracts (Backup storage, Cell phones, Internet connections)
- Maintain system operations in a 24*7 environment
- Some travel to other ESG sites may be required
Skills & Experience / Compétences & expérience
•7+ years experience as a Systems Administrator in a Microsoft environment
•Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field desirable
•Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
•Minimal MCSA or comparable IT certification (Certification may be waived with more than 5 years of IT infrastructure experience
•Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Hyper-V 2016
•Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft server products including Exchange, Skype for business, SharePoint and SCCM
•Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365, Exchange Online, Skype For Business Online.
•Experience with Veeam backup infrastructure.
•Experience with Azure and related technologies.
•Experience with AWS
•Some Centos/Linux exposure would be an asset.
•Experienced in installing and maintaining Microsoft SQL Server
•Comprehensive understanding of Active Directory
•Windows 7, 10, 2008 R2, 2012 R2, 2016 operation, installation, and troubleshooting
•In depth knowledge of network infrastructure and TCP/IP
•Experienced in installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting hardware and software
•Ability to work independently
•Ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical people
ESG is a rapidly growing enterprise with offices in the Middle East, Asia, the U.S. and Canada. ESG offers worldwide opportunities, a flexible benefits program and competitive compensation. Please apply via ESG’s Career Portal: https://www.esgsolutions.com/careers/career-portal
ESG thanks all interested applicants, however only those elected for an interview will be contacted.