Organization: Ministry of Health
Address: 49 Place D'Armes, Kingston, East Region
Division: Direct Services Division/Claims Services Branch
The Claims Services Branch, Ministry of Health, is looking for a motivated bilingual individual to provide customer service to external clients for a variety of programs and systems.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role you will:
• Respond to and log Tier2 and Tier3 phone calls covering a broad range of inquiries from medical professionals by following the guidelines, policies and processes of the Client Support Stream.
• Assist clients with submissions of electronic claims and complex claims issues while escalating where appropriate.
• Be part of a highly dynamic team transforming Health Service Delivery for our clients.
•Treat health information as highly confidential.
Skills & Experience / Compétences & expérience
• Position requires oral French language skills at the advanced level.
INTERPERSONAL AND TEAMWORK SKILLS:
• Demonstrated customer service and interpersonal skills to apply effective telephone techniques, customer service principles and quality standards when dealing with inquiries.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality with information of a sensitive and confidential nature.
• Demonstrated experience working effectively in a team environment.
• Oral communication skills to elicit information and provide guidance to clients when responding to inquiries clearly and concisely.
• Written communication skills to document problem tickets or corresponding with internal clients.
ANALYTICAL AND JUDGEMENT SKILLS:
• Knowledge of research and information gathering methods, techniques and tools to access relevant and accurate information.
• Demonstrated ability to use judgment to resolve customer issues, identify anomalies and the need to escalate.
ORGANIZATIONAL AND MULTI-TASKING SKILLS:
• Organizational and multi-tasking skills to plan, prioritize and coordinate work activities.
• Ability to complete work within acceptable timeframes within a high volume environment.
COMPUTER AND MATHEMATICAL SKILLS:
• Computer proficiency with software, word processing, e-mail, spreadsheets, databases and internet applications.
• Demonstrated mathematical skills to assist with payment inquiries and discrepancies.
Other Comments / Autres commentaires
1. You must apply online by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers.
2. You must enter the job id number 141314 in the Job ID search field to locate the job ad.
3. Your cover letter and resume combined should not exceed five (5) pages. For tips and tools on how to write a concise cover letter and resume, review the Writing a Cover Letter and Resume: Tips, Tools and Resources.
4. Customize your cover letter and resume to the qualifications listed on the job ad. Using concrete examples, you must show how you demonstrated the requirements for this job. We rely on the information you provide to us.
5. Read the job description to make sure you understand this job.
6. OPS employees are required to quote their WIN EMPLOYEE ID number when applying.
7. If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please Contact Us to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours.
• In accordance with the Ontario Public Service (OPS), Employment Screening Checks Policy (ESCP), the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Refer to the above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), Talent Acquisition Branch (TAB), HR Service Delivery Division (HRSDD) to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional employment screening checks that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service).
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The employment screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's employment screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Employment screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.