At ServiceOntario, we are committed to providing the citizens of Ontario with fast, friendly and easy access to Ontario government information and services - online, in person, at kiosks and by phone.
Our vision is to make Government better through service excellence and innovation. Our Mission is to design and deliver excellent services and solutions and to champion service delivery transformation.
If you strive to provide customers with a positive service experience and thrive in a fast-paced, team driven environment, then a career as an Information Agent may be for you!
What can I expect to do in this role?
- greet customers and determine the nature and scope of their inquiries
• provide information to the public about services offered, relevant regulations and application/document requirements
• issue queue tickets and guide customers to appropriate area or refer them to other ministries/jurisdictions as appropriate
• provide responses to routine/general inquiries
• assist customers with the use of the public access workstation
• check application forms for accuracy and completion and/or ensure customers have the correct supplementary documents
• maintain a visitor sign-in/sign-out and statistical log of inquiries received from the public
• direct calls to the appropriate area/staff member
• receive and sort incoming mail and arrange and/or assist in the preparation of outgoing mail
Skills & Experience / Compétences & expérience
• You are proficient in English and advanced level oral French
Customer Service and Communication Skills
• you have customer service experience responding to inquiries, providing accurate information and resolving customer issues in a high-volume environment
• you demonstrate professionalism, tact and diplomacy when interacting with customers, service partners, peers and management
• you can effectively adapt services to meet the varying needs of customers
• you have oral communication skills to provide explanations and interpretations of guidelines, directives and procedures
• you have the ability to acquire and apply knowledge of government services and programs at the municipal, provincial, and federal level
• you have the ability to reference, research and apply relevant policies, procedures and legislation (e.g. driver and vehicle licensing, health card registrations, Highway Traffic Act, Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, Ontario Health Act and Retail Sales Tax Act etc.)
• you have the ability to acquire knowledge of ServiceOntario products, services, vision, values and mandate to promote ServiceOntario and to direct customers to appropriate services
Collaboration and Organizational Skills
• you have collaboration skills to effectively work in a team-driven environment
• you have the ability to work under pressure in a high-volume environment and to respond to a variety of inquiries in a prompt, courteous and consistent manner
• you have organizational and administrative skills to maintain current forms, information sheets, visitor logs and appointment bookings up to date
Research and Analytical Skills
• you can effectively probe for information, assess situations and determine the underlying needs of the customer beyond those that may have been initially expressed
• you have knowledge of research and Information gathering methods to identify and compile information
• you are proficient with word processing, spreadsheet, database, email and internet applications
• you have experience using computers (i.e. Intranet, Internet, databases, and electronic manuals) to access and retrieve information
• you have keyboarding skills to prepare and update logs, information sheets, prepare file labels and templates
Other Comments / Autres commentaires
1. You must apply online by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers
2. You must enter the job id number 135378 in the Job ID search field to locate the job ad.
3. Your cover letter and resume combined should not exceed five (5) pages. For tips and tools on how to write a concise cover letter and resume, review the Writing a Cover Letter and Resume: Tips, Tools and Resources.
4. Customize your cover letter and resume to the qualifications listed on the job ad. Using concrete examples, you must show how you demonstrated the requirements for this job. We rely on the information you provide to us.
5. Read the job description to make sure you understand this job.
6. If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please Contact Us to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours.