In this position you are a member of the conversion/changeover crew. Duties required converting the facility from hockey mode, to concert, or other event modes (and back). Any event oriented preparation/setup required for shows or sporting events to run safely and efficiently, other duties as assigned.
- Lay down ice decking.
- Remove rink glass and dasher boards for event set-ups as needed.
- Set up and tear down folding chairs, staging and risers as needed.
- Reinstall arena glass before returning to hockey setup
- Reinstall dasher boards exits as needed
- Must wear CSA approved hockey helmet any time walking on the ice surface.
- Assist with daily maintenance and upkeep of department equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Experience / Compétences & expérience
• Any labor experience is an asset
• Must have CSA approved steel toe work boots.
• Ability to do heavy lifting and carry up to 75 pounds.
• Demonstrate familiarity with tools and maintenance equipment.
• Ability to work with limited supervision and as a team member
• Ability to work varied schedule including evenings, overnights and weekends.
Work requires significant physical effort, walking (including stairs), and lifting heavy weights. Work requires utilizing tools and equipment that could cause physical injury if not handled and operated following safety practices and procedures. Required to follow WHMIS and provincial Health and Safety requirements.
Comments / Commentaires
Applicants must include the Job Title in the subject line of your email. Submissions without corresponding job title or general applications for positions that are not posted will not be accepted.
Attach your cover letter and resume to the email. The documents must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.Your resume or application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements for the position. We thank all of those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to work both indoors and outdoors as required by the function. Must have the physical ability to maneuver around facility, walking and/or standing and/or sitting at times in excess of 6 hours daily.