We are looking for an enthusiastic and keen to learn individual to join our team as a Mechanical Technician. The individual must be able to work safely in small teams as well as independently.
Based in Kingston ON-Canada, the Mechanical Technician position will be a hands-on experience working closely with management in operating, testing, and maintaining products, machinery and equipment once convinced that the individual can work in a safe manner.
- Work as an active and safe member of the aluminum fabrication team;
- Member of the belt-casting team during a (semi) continuous casting operation for aluminum slabs. Eventually after full training, to take over as lead caster operator.
- Maintain machinery/equipment such as the belt-caster, the lab rolling mills;
- Operation of band-saws, lathes, milling machines, shears;
- Preparation (shearing and welding) of copper to make belts for the caster.
- Operation of a plasma torch for cutting aluminum slab; training will be given.
- Assist with laboratory hot and cold rolling of aluminum blocks to thin gauges. Once trained, the assist will eventually become the lead rolling mill operator.
- Operation of furnaces to heat-treat aluminum pieces/samples.
Ability to safely operate a forklift truck, overhead cranes and hoists.
Skills & Experience / Compétences & expérience
• Completed college diploma Mechanical Technician or similar;
• Good commercial acumen and organizational skills;
• Working knowledge of MS Office applications;
• Experience in a test laboratory will be considered an asset;
• Experience with welding will be considered an asset;
• Forklift and Overhead Crane Certification would be considered an asset, although training
would be given
Alcereco, a Grafoid Inc. Company invites applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcome all applications.
We provide support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant's accessibility needs. Candidates requiring accommodation during the recruitment process are asked to contact Human Resources at email@example.com.
Comments / Commentaires
Our core business capabilities include the provision of specialty processing and product development services to companies innovating in a diverse range of markets. As technologists, we are strategically and operationally positioned to supply both current and future markets and continue to be an in-demand global source for expertise in metallurgical consulting, training, materials and standards testing services, aluminum casting and contracted product development services.