Coco Asphalt Engineering has an opportunity available for an Office Administrative Assistant at its Millhaven Terminal located in Bath, Ontario.
The Millhaven Terminal is approximately 20 km west of Kingston. The location is not readily accessible via public transportation.
Coco Asphalt Engineering is a supplier of state of the art asphalt, emulsion, and related products and technologies in Ontario and Quebec.
The Millhaven Terminal throughputs asphalt cement, emulsion, calcium chloride, and additives for the road building market. In addition to terminal operations, the site manufactures polymer modified asphalt cement and asphalt emulsion products.
Coco Asphalt Engineering is a division of Coco Paving Inc. (www.cocoasphaltengineering.com)
This is a seasonal position May – November
Work days – Wednesday to Sunday (with work taking place mostly on weekends)
Must be flexible to work 12 hour shifts, rotating between day and night shifts
· Day shift – 7:00 am to 7:00 pm
· Night Shift – 7:00 pm to 7:00 am
Average of 88 hours every two weeks
This position provides administrative support to the operations of the Coco Asphalt Engineering Millhaven Terminal.
Reporting to the Operations Manager of Coco Asphalt Engineering (CAE) Millhaven Terminal, duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Data entry
- Scaling of hauling trucks
- Scheduling and organizing haulers
- Organizing and filing of documents
- Managing phone calls and office correspondence (emails, letters, packages)
- Assisting with documentation related to terminal processes, quality, safety and operations.
- Maintaining a safe and clean environment
- High School Diploma
- Bilingual, English and French, is an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Highly effective customer relations skills, including the ability to provide timely and courteous service under stressful conditions with a tactful and firm approach
- Ability to effectively work independently as well as part of a team maintaining a professional and positive demeanor in a dynamic environment
- Accuracy in data entry and the ability to maintain attention to detail
- A strong working knowledge of MS office
- Proficiency with computers to complete varies tasks
- Ability to multitask
- Effective organizational skills in a fast paced environment
- Ability to handle documents and appointments accurately
- Flexibility to work day time or night shifts
We offer a competitive compensation and the opportunity to work for a well-established, stable and growing company.
If you’re a high energy, self-motivated individual who is eager to learn and willing to work hard in a team-oriented, challenging environment, we want to talk to you!
We thank you for your interest however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- data entry: 1 year (Required)
- proficiency with MS Office software (Word, Excel): 1 year (Required)
- operating weigh scale (hauling trucks): 1 year (Preferred)
- customer relations: 2 years (Required)
- bilingual English and French is an asset (Preferred)