We are looking for a creative foodie to help us pack our organic food baskets for families across the Ottawa/Gatineau area. We deliver organic fruits, veggies and more from over a dozen local farms and deliver all year around.
Basket Packer responsibilities will include:
- Packing orders, according to order sheets.
- Weighing produce
- Loading, unloading, and transferring product to designated areas.
- Cleaning warehouse daily; maintaining a neat and orderly workplace at all times to include moving pallets, sweeping and removing/disposing of debris.
- Sorting produce.
- Loading prepared delivery orders into vans at loading dock, outside building.
- Aiding in preparations for the next day. i.e washing plastic delivery totes, weighing produce, etc.
- Performing other related duties as assigned
- Occasionally making pick ups and deliveries in the company vehicle as needed
- Providing customer assistance and taking orders by phone and email
Skills & Experience / Compétences & expérience
Excellent Written and Verbal communication skills
Able to lift and move 40+ lb boxes for 10 hours in a row
Attention to detail
Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
Bilingual (French/English) an asset
Experience, Education, Training:
A clean driving record is required
Experience with hand-held Global Positioning System (GPS) units is a plus.
Previous delivery/grocery/floral industry/customer service experience.
Interest in organics is preferred.
Valid Ontario driver's license