The Outdoor Sports Associate is a team member with a passion for and experience in fishing and/or hunting who works in a Canadian Tire Associate Store Outdoor Sports Department. Their mission is to create an exceptional shopping experience for our fishing and hunting customers through professional and courteous customer service. The Outdoor Sports Associate interacts with customers while identifying their needs, assisting with finding products, explaining technical details of merchandise and making professional recommendations to assist customers in making informed buying decisions. This role also involves making suggestions for new products, ordering, communicating with vendors and maintaining the store such as stocking shelves, merchandising and general housekeeping.
- Provides excellent customer service to all customers entering the Outdoor Sports Department by smiling, greeting customers and selling products.
- Connects with customers by sharing knowledge and experience of fishing/hunting. Builds and maintains trust and relationships with customers and the community.
- Identifies and evaluates customers' needs, guides customers to the location of requested items and explains technical details of merchandise.
- Answers fishing/hunting and product related questions and provides professional advice related to product information, technical features and methods of operation by using their experience and knowledge in fishing/hunting.
- Is conscious of customer safety and provides information on the laws, regulations and safety guidelines of fishing/hunting in the area.
- Deals with challenging situations in a professional manner.
- Remains a product "expert" through continuously learning about new products, stays current with new trends, emerging technologies and keeps up to date on in-store deals and promotions in order to provide accurate information to customers.
- Stocks shelves and merchandises display areas using planograms as guidelines to ensure the Outdoor Sports Department is organized and fully stocked.
- Assists in seasonal floor merchandise moves.
- Maintains inventory accuracy and identifies/reports low stock levels.
- Operates computer and RF scanners and enters all relevant coding in Canadian Tire systems.
- Completes other tasks, as required.
- Active fisher/hunter with a passion for outdoor activities.
- Strong knowledge and expertise in fishing/hunting: Possession and Acquisition License (P.A.L.) is required.
- Must be 18 years of age to sell ammunition.
- Solid understanding of safety regulations and fishing/hunting laws and regulations.
Job Type: Part-time
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- On-site Parking
- Paid Time Off
- Profit Sharing
- Store Discount
- PAL (Possession and Acquisition License) (Required)
Canadian Tire Cataraqui