The responsibilities of St. Lawrence College Professors include, but are not limited to:
• Creating a positive learning environment that accommodate students’ diverse culture and educational backgrounds, experience and individual learning preferences;
• Effectively use educational and advanced technologies, and digital learning methodologies to enhance the student learning experience;
• Developing curriculum that is appropriately designed and uses evidence-based tools and strategies to support and assess student learning;
• Utilize principles of adult education to actively engage students in the learning process;
• Ensuring that course and program curriculum is current and relevant with a lens on the future;
• Working effectively with learners, colleagues, program and interdisciplinary teams as well as internal and external stakeholders;
• Effectively use the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning to build a contemporary and evidenced based practice.
St. Lawrence College is seeking an experienced and motivated professional who shares St. Lawrence College’s vision to be a globally recognized college, delivering innovative learning opportunities and preparing career-ready graduates to be leaders in their field.
St. Lawrence College requires a part-time professor to teach in the Early Childhood Education Program on the Cornwall Campus.
The College invites applications from qualified individuals for part-time teaching positions for the Fall 2019 and Winter 2020 terms. An inventory of candidates interested in teaching courses will be created and retained for a period of one year.
The College has an immediate need for the following course:
Fall 2019 Course:
Conversational French Level 3
Skills & Experience / Compétences & expérience
Education / Certification / Designation:
Bilingual in French and English.
An Honours Baccalaureate degree related to languages. Candidates who do not meet the education specified but who possess a relevant and acceptable combination of education, training, and a depth of industry experience may be considered.
A minimum of five years of current and relevant working experience.
Teaching experience using Blackboard or other learning management systems is preferred.
Teaching experience at the post-secondary level with demonstrated proficiency and practice using principles of andragogy preferred.
A global mindset and a demonstrated practice supporting a diversity of learners.
A proven track record of life-long learning.
A demonstrated commitment to putting “students’ first” is preferred.
An understanding of the Ontario college system is preferred.
Other Comments / Autres commentaires
Please note that you must indicate in your application if you are currently employed by St. Lawrence College or have been offered employment with the college for the Fall, Winter, or Spring 2019/20 terms.
Applications will also be accepted on an on-going basis beyond the immediate closing date to be added to our continuing education inventory. Please state the specific course of interest and availability for January, May 2020 or for other subject matters of interest for possible future consideration. An inventory of candidates interested in teaching courses will be created and retained for a period of one year.
The College is committed to employment equity. We encourage members of the designated groups to apply and self-identify. St. Lawrence College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. We will make appropriate accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process for applicants with disabilities. To obtain a copy of this position vacancy or any of the position related documents in an alternate format please contact our Human Resources Consultants. Information received relating to accommodation requests will be addressed confidentially