Cardinal Health Canada is seeking a Plant Controller to add to our location in Gananoque, ON. Under general direction of the Manufacturing group Controller, this position manages the functions of Information Services (IS), General Accounting, Cost Accounting, Payroll, and Taxation. Directs the annual budget process and the monthly preparation and analysis of financial statements and forecasts. Analyzes and interprets financial data and recommends changes to improve systems and financial performance. We are seeking an innovative leader who can help up improve and grow.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for seeing that all financially related tasks are performed in a manner that complies with Corporate Policy.
- Prepares reports that summarize and forecast the company’s business activity and financial position.
- Oversees Information Services (IS), General Accounting, Cost Accounting and Payroll.
- Responsible for all cash reporting and disbursements activities that includes A/P payments, wire transfers, Hedging, Netting and Cash Pooling. Monitoring and reporting on Pensions Plan activities including the preparation of the annual Financial Statements.
- Responsible for Provincial and Federal government reporting activities that includes coordinating any audit activities.
- Coordinates local income tax activities including income tax return preparation and transfer pricing analysis with Corporate Tax.
- Coordinate annual SOX activities as an Assessor, Design Reviewer and Effectiveness Reviewer.
- Work with plant management to analyze and improve plant variances. Reports and interprets monthly results including financial variances, cost reduction program and KPI’s.
- Directs preparation of budgets and product costs as well as monthly & quarterly forecasts.
- Ensure maintenance and safeguarding of fixed assets and construction in progress.
- May establish, modify, document and coordinate implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions.
Skills & Experience / Compétences & expérience
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting CPA– CGA, CMA or CA
10+ years Manufacturing experience
Good working knowledge of Excel a must, Microsoft Office a plus
High integrity, business acumen and desire to drive change
Good communication skills, able to analyze and solve problems
Great organizational skills, able to be discrete when dealing with confidential information, able to build rapport with employees.