McConnell Plumbing is currently seeking an enthusiastic learner who is currently enrolled in a Plumbing Apprenticeship, someone who is eager and willing to participate in the plumbing trade. (PLEASE NOTE: Area of service includes CFB Trenton to CFB Kingston)
- Identify required tools and special equipment
- Select the type and size of pipe required
- Locate and mark positions for connections and fixtures
- Install supports and hangers for pipe, fixtures and equipment
- Assemble and install valves and fittings
- Install, repair and maintain water treatment equipment, piping and controls
- Install, repair and maintain underground storm sanitary and water piping system
- Install, repair and maintain sinks, tubs and toilets
- Install, repair and maintain water heaters and conditioners
- Install, repair and maintain plumbing fixtures, appliances and trim
- Test pipe systems and fixtures for leaks
Skills & Experience / Compétences & expérience
◦Must be able to provide proof of grade 12 education
◦Valid driver’s license and own transportation to meeting location in Picton (unless successful applicant is closer to the job site for that day)
◦Willing to comply with all Health & Safety standards while on the job
◦Ambition and motivation to work in the Plumbing trade
◦Previously enrolled in a Plumbers apprenticeship program an asset
◦Plumbers may spend long hours outside and in awkward positions (ex. crawl space, etc) which can cause physical discomfort and strain. Plumbers will be lifting and adjusting heavy objects, and will come in contact with sharp, hot and/or very cold supplies and equipment. Plumbers must maintain safety procedures at all times to avoid injury.
◦PLEASE NOTE: Area of service includes CFB Trenton to CFB Kingston as well as Picton and surrounding area.
Interested candidates please send resume to email@example.com.