Programming & CommunicationsCoordinator
Full-Time Permanent Position
The Museum of Health Care at Kingston is currently seeking a Programming & Communications Coordinator. Under the direction of the Museum Manager, this position has the overall responsibility of maintaining and advancing the programming, communications efforts, and digital content offerings of the Museum.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Educational program design, development, delivery and evaluation, including (but not limited to) school programs, guided tours, online programs and seniors outreach activities;
- Development and management of digital and virtual programming (including redesigning/adapting existing programs).
- Design and distribution of Museum communication materials (e.g. newsletters, annual reports, member email communications, program posters, promotional videos).
- Maintaining and advancing the Museum’s social media (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube) strategies and online (website, blog) presence;
- Supervision of the Museum’s volunteer docent program and part-time student employees (including training, work plans and project monitoring);
$36,500 to $38,500 annually, commensurate with experience.
(After 3 months of employment, staff are also entitled to apply for employee benefits.)
The successful candidate will possess:
- A degree and/or diploma in a field that is applicable to the mandate of the Museum
- Experience in program development and delivery (all age groups), particularly with digital and virtual programming;
- Communications experience, preferably in the cultural heritage sector, including social media management;
- Graphic design skills/experience, particularly with promotional materials;
- Knowledge of Canadian history;
- A demonstrated ability to work effectively with teams and committees.
- Additionally, bilingual ability in written and spoken French will be considered ‘an asset’.
Application deadline: 2021-01-17
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $36,500.00-$38,500.00 per year
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
The Museum of Health Care core staff are currently working with a mixture of off-site and on-site based work, with rotating days (Mon-Wed-Fri, Tues-Thurs) in the office. The Museum is currently closed to the public, but we plan to open for spring 2021.