Based in Kingston ON-Canada the Junior Chemist position will be a hands-on experience working closely with other employees and management in operating, testing, and maintaining products, machinery and equipment once convinced that the individual can work in a safe manner.
- Prepare test solutions, compounds, and reagents for laboratory personnel to conduct test;
- Analyse samples from various sources to provide information on compounds or quantities of compounds present;
- Develop, improve, and customize products, equipment, formulas, processes, and analytical methods;
- Compile, analyze and interpret test information to determine process or equipment operating efficiency and to diagnose malfunctions;
- Confer with scientists and engineers to conduct analyses of research projects, interpret test results, or develop nonstandard tests;
- Direct, coordinate, and advise personnel in test procedures for analyzing components and physical properties of materials;
- Write technical papers and reports; and prepare standards and specifications for processes, facilities, products, and tests;
- Be aware of, and keep up to date with, health and safety issues;
- Search bodies of scientific and technical literature and translate papers into working SOPs;
- Knowledge of proper storage, handling and disposal of various chemicals and corrosive substances;
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Experience / Compétences & expérience
• Advanced Degree in a Sciences, Engineering or equivalent field;
• Experience in development, formulation, or tech transfer of manufacturing processes;
• Strong chemistry and process chemistry experience in a research environment is
considered an asset;
• Previous experience operating SEM with X-ray analysis considered an asset;
• Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills;
• Outstanding planning, communication, and collaboration skills;
• Functional knowledge of scientific validation principles, standard concepts, practices,
• Demonstrated ability to see beyond own function to understand business issues and
implement best practices;
• Experience searching relevant literature for new solutions to laboratory challenges an
• Strong numeracy base considered an asset;
• Good commercial acumen and organizational skills;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Working knowledge of Windows applications.
Grafoid Inc. invites applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes all applications.
We provide support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant's accessibility needs. Candidates requiring accommodation during the recruitment process are asked to contact Human Resources