Summary: The Route Driver is the face of the company and must project a professional and positive image of Canteen/Ventrex at all times while maintaining and building excellent client and customer relationships. The Route Driver is responsible for the delivery of top-notch services to our clients and customers at all times. This position has excellent advancement opportunities providing employees with the foundation needed for entry level management. The Route Driver is responsible for the safe operation of a motor vehicle in compliance with company policies/procedures and DOT regulations. Training is provided.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain proper inventory levels and product distribution for micro markets.
- Provide client and customer satisfaction in every aspect of job performance.
- Display a clear understanding of company policies and ability to administer as needed.
- Performs routine cleaning and sanitation of machines and other related equipment.
- Conducts minor service and adjustments on machines. When necessary reports defective equipment to designated maintenance repair service operators or technician dispatcher.
- Prior to beginning each day’s route, ensure that truck is properly loaded with all product required to properly service all scheduled micro markets and machines following outlined operational procedures.
- Informs regular clients and customers of new products or services, listens to and resolves service complaints.
- Reports all client and/or customer complaints to immediate supervisor in a timely manner.
- Sets up merchandise and sales promotion displays or issues sales promotion materials to customers.
- Accountable for all receipt of goods, invoices, delivery tickets, cash received or collected and product.
- Perform product rotation to ensure freshness of products.
- Conducts inventory reconciliation in accordance with district procedures.
- Keep company vehicle clean and organized at all times; perform pre & post trip vehicle inspections.
- Perform all job functions in a safe and professional manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills & Experience / Compétences & expérience
-3 years driving experience required.
-Valid Class G driver’s license and good driving record.
-Preferred 1-2 years experience in a customer service position, or a minimum of 1 year of related experience.
-Must be able to lift 50 lbs. on a consistent basis.
-Ability to operate or willingness to learn material handling equipment (box truck, handcarts, etc.)