About Ecocert Canada
Our principal activity consists in an inspection, in the field, of the respects of a sustainable development standard’s demands. Ecocert has specialized in the certification of organic agricultural products and has diversified its range of services to include organic and natural cosmetics, ecoproducts, fair trade, green spaces, etc.
The area to cover is Ottawa / Brockville. The organic inspector works mostly from his/her home and on the road. He/She may have to visit regions if required.
Ecocert Canada is looking for an organic inspector. The position consists of:
- Full time work May to Sept, with potential for irregular part time work Sept to May
- He/She has to be studying or have completed studies in agriculture at a post-secondary level.
- Visiting businesses already certified or looking to achieve organic certification.
- Reviewing the client’s information in advance and contacting the client to schedule an inspection.
- Reporting the findings of the inspection to Ecocert Canada.
- A dynamic and friendly person.
- Knowledgeable in organic production, the environment and sustainable agriculture.
- Someone with a strong capacity for analysis, a good sens of observation and attention to details.
- A fast learner, autonomous whose able to manage his/her time efficiently.
- A professional attitude and have excellent customer service skills are essential.
- Has to have access to a car and a valid driver’s licence.
- Has excellent computer skills.
Skills & Experience / Compétences & expérience
Organic production systems
Other Comments / Autres commentaires
subject: Organic inspector
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at FoodWork.ca.