Secretaries at HDH, work within a professional practice model (PPM*) encompassing five domains that embody the characteristics as listed below, MAGNET** attributes and those of a life-long learning organization **: The five domains are 1) care delivery system, 2) leadership approach, 3) professional relationships, 4) professional values, and 5) organizational and professional development.
*PPM: a value driven system, allowing the individual an opportunity to provide excellent client service through collaborative, multi-disciplinary approach
**MAGNET Organization: recognizes and supports effective leadership, a professional practice environment, and collaborative relationships with physicians and other healthcare professionals
***Life-Long Learning Organization: supports ongoing education, excitement about learning, and an encouragement to explore alternate ways of competent and effective practice
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
The Secretary II provides:
- Secretarial and clerical support to the Child & Youth Mental Health Program
- Carries out the following core functions: telephone and personal reception, data entry into program databases, maintains and updates of clinical activity statistics, health records retrieval and storage, and dictatyping.
- Provides administrative support for up to two psychiatrists which can include faxing prescriptions, organizing calendars and bookings, and responding to telephone queries; they Secretary II also provides administrative support to a number of allied health staff.
- Uses computers, and a variety of software and/or conventional office equipment.
- Receives program clients and family members, staff, students, and visitors
- Answers the telephone and screens calls and callers. Personally disposes of calls concerning routine matters or refers callers to appropriate persons.
- Receives and distributes mail for program staff. Assembles file and other material, as necessary, to facilitate replies by program personnel
- Makes travel arrangements and prepares expense vouchers
- Operates office equipment such as computers, copiers, calculators, facsimile machines, and various other office machines
- Responsible for ordering supplies, and booking Telemedicine appointments via OTN,
- Prepares and proofreads minutes of minutes, correspondence, tabular data, reports, medical records, examinations, and other material form rough draft, dictating machines and various other sources.
Conducts health records retrieval and storage
- Maintains appointments and schedules
- Arranges for meetings.
- Conducts data entry and maintains databases, spreadsheets, hard copy and computerized files and a variety of other office records.
- Assists in the operation of program evaluation activities
- Assists in the planning and operation of activities.
- Assists in the planning and operation of activities for conferences
- At minimum one position will be assigned to provide administrative support for Intake which will include: creating, maintaining and updating all intake information in CRMS, processing all clinical interprofessional referrals for the program, providing administrative support for group management, scheduling all Intake appointment for allied staff, and providing administrative support to the Intake Coordinator.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent
- Graduate of a recognized community college office administration program or equivalent combination of education and experience (Medical Office Administration preferred)
- 2 to 3 years recent experience in a secretarial role in a hospital or medical setting (i.e. Secretary, GFT, Medical Secretary, Administrative Assistant).
- 1 year experience in Child & Youth Mental Health
- Ability to type at a minimum speed of 50 w.p.m (will be tested).
- Skilled in the use of current office technology – Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and CRMS (will be tested)
- Knowledge of medical terminology (will be tested)
- Minute taking skills
Other Comments / Autres commentaires
Location: Hotel Dieu Hospital Site
Title: Secretary II
Department: Child & Youth Mental Health Program
Position Number: 50064903