Employer is starting up a branch in Kingston and is building her staff. She is looking for mature staff, preferably 50+years old. Part-Time Casual positions available.
Vulnerable sector check, driver abstract (if applying to driving position), current TB check.
Check out the inspiring video:
- Personal and Homemaking Companions
- Driver Companions $0.60/km reimbursed
- Live-In Companions
- Overnight Assistance
- House Cleaners
- Drop-In Companions
- Hospital Bedside Companions
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adheres to the safe work/risk management policies and practices of Seniors for Seniors.
- Works within the Ethical Practice Framework of Seniors for Seniors.
- Understands the range of services provided by each division of the Spectrum family and how it contributes to our model of Total Client Care.
- Continually assess, anticipate, identify and respond to new and changing needs of clients and communicates available Total Client Care resources to clients when appropriate.
- Provides socialization, conversation and emotion reassurance to the client.
- Encourages and participates in reading, games, and other activities to promote well-bring and stimulate the mind and the spirit.
- Performs light housekeeping duties including vacuuming, dusting, bathrooms and kitchen.
- Assists client with household tasks and mobility, if necessary.
- Provides companionship to the client in their home.
- Listens, observes, and communicates any concerns/changes in the client’s physical and/or emotional condition immediately to the Branch Manager and Client Care Coordinator.
- Regularly assesses the Client’s surroundings to ensure that clients have a safe home environment (i.e., recognize fall risks, hoarding) and reporting concerns to the Branch Manager or Client Care Coordinator.
- When applicable, assist with assistance of client to wheelchair, chair, commode or bed.
- When applicable, assists with the positioning of client in bed or chair.
- Assists and/or provides general exercises/activities to maintain mobility and independence as directed by the client, their family or the Client Care Coordinator at the request of the family.
- Light meal preparation with clean-up as required.
- Performs errands related to client requests.
- Accompanies client to appointments and leisure activities if required.
- Launders client clothes and bedding and assist in keeping personal space clean and tidy or in private setting.
Skills & Experience / Compétences & expérience
Skills and Qualifications:
- Mature age 50+
- Driver companions must have a valid G2 license.
- Warm, compassionate individuals.
- Flexible and able to converse with a wide range of individuals.
- Experience caring for the elderly.
- Several years of life experience.
- Ability to speak other languages an asset.
Other Comments / Autres commentaires
If you meet the aforementioned qualifications, we want to hear from you!
How to apply: Dale Lowe Branch Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org – please indicate the region where you will be available for work_KINGSTON