Service Manager required for a large retail and commercial franchised Ford Dealership. Petrie Ford is family run and has been Kingston’s Ford Store since 1949. Our service department is one of the largest in the area with plenty of work to go around. We also have the largest parts warehouse in the region to support our service department allowing for faster transactions, and happier customers.
Position Summary Among many responsibilities, the Service Manager will:
- Set direction, and engage staff, to increase sales over a breadth of revenue streams.
- Strive to effectively maintain an efficient, skilled and motivated service staff through coaching, reporting metrics and general attention to detail.
- Maintain and proactively address operational process and administration issues as they arise.
- Proactive maintenance of fixed operations.
- Diligent attention to paper work and administrative duties.
- Provision plans to increase sales with the marketing department.
- Effective management of a very large and experienced service department.
- Attentive detail to interdepartmental communication and fellow manager relationships.
- Provide trustworthy, prompt and dependable service to internal and external customers.
- Replenishing inventory when needed and negotiating the best price from vender partners.
- Ability to analyze, identify and immediately resolve key issues before they become a problem.
- Train, motivate, and evaluate department staff while providing a safe and secure environment.
- Generate and review systems and protocols that allows for improved efficiencies and workflow.
- Understand and promote all manufacturer programs based on the provided marketing schedule.
- Responsible for a diverse range of measurable key performance indicators issued by Ford of Canada.
- Handle sensitive customer challenges effectively, professionally, and strive for a mutually amicable resolution.
Skills & Experience / Compétences & expérience
- 5+ years as a Service Manager of a similarly sized operation.
- Proven leadership and training skills.
- Strong business acumen: Work with staff in achieving sales goals and managing expenses.
- Ability to interpret technical schematics and departmental income statements.
- Previous experience as a technician is an asset.
- Previous experience with a Dealer Management System, preferable PBS.
- Strong computer skills: MS Office (Excel knowledge a must), Google Docs, various internet applications and vendor pages, MicroCAT Live, DTNA Connect, OEC Connection.
- Valid driver’s license.
The Service Manager will have all the tools required to achieve success. From training, coaching, technology and personnel support, to a favourable compensation package and family benefits plan. A rewarding career awaits the right candidate at Petrie Ford in Kingston, Ontario.
Apply Today Email CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank everyone who has taken the time to apply. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.