Under the direction of the Director of Diagnostic Ultrasound or the co-director of the ADCL, will be responsible for the day to day ultrasound scanning of patients using a variety of medical ultrasound equipment.
Within this role the employee is accountable for contributing to the delivery of the Kingston Health Sciences Centre Hospital strategy. As an employee, one must demonstrate an awareness of and be responsible for actively promoting and supporting patient and family centered engagement and care in all we do.
- Perform abdominal, obstetrical/gynecology, pelvic, chest, face, neck, brain, small parts, extremity, Doppler, pediatric, or other studies as instructed the by radiologist in charge in ultrasound or the physician in charge while in ADCL. Operates complex ultrasound equipment pertinent to both departments’ needs. Recognize the significance of all structures visualized on the ultrasound monitor at all times and to differentiate artifact from normal or pathological structures. Must be able to determine the anatomy as normal or abnormal, and if abnormal, be able to delineate the abnormality and extend the scope of the study appropriately.
- Select proper transducer, frequency and diameter for optimum performance for the examination.
- Efficiently operate ancillary devices such as key pads, view point, HIS, RIS, PACS and probe reprocessing equipment.
- Appropriately prepare patients for ultrasound procedures and explain the procedure to the patient while performing the study.
- Assist in the training of new Sonographers, students, and staff, as required
- Provide technical assistance for biopsy and aspiration procedures
- Continuously improve and expand scanning skills by a variety of means including participation in reading sessions, attend meetings or conferences when possible, reading articles and other methods available.
- Once appropriately instructed will assist in the quality assurance program of testing the ultrasound equipment and reporting problems to the senior sonographer.
- Recognize and report electronic equipment problems.
- Assist in research projects.
- Participate in the evaluation of new products and equipment
Skills & Experience / Compétences & expérience
-Successful completion of a recognized course in Ultrasound
-Registered with CMRTO
-3 years of experience within the last 5 years preferred.
-Must be competent and efficient in abdominal and obstetrical/gynecological scanning.
-Experience in Doppler and vascular ultrasound an asset.
-Proven ability to attend work regularly.
-Satisfactory criminal reference check required.
Other Comments / Autres commentaires
The applicant must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Kingston Health Sciences Centre is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices.
If you require an accommodation to fully participate in the hiring process, please notify the Recruitment Team.