The Sorters/Labourers are responsible for safely and efficiently sorting recyclable materials and maintaining general housekeeping of the facility and site. Sorters are responsible to ensure unacceptable materials are removed from recycling.
What will you do?
- Inspect materials and sort items or materials into designated areas;
- Pull contaminants from sorting line;
- Perform cleaning duties related to plant equipment and general housekeeping;
- Perform duties in a safe manner in compliance with all Company policies;
- Ensure PPE equipment is utilized;
- Report system problems immediately to Supervisor;
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area and surrounding area;
- Maintain an excellent attendance record and an excellent safety and work quality record;
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Experience / Compétences & expérience
o Ability to perform repetitive/physical tasks for extended periods of time and lift items of
up to 25lb;
o Positive attitude and strong work ethic;
o Willingness to learn and a team play attitude;
o Ability to follow instructions;
o Must have effective interpersonal skills to be able to communicate, understand and
respond to questions, instructions, signs, signals and safety training;
o Must be able to work shifts as required;
o Must be able to work overtime as required;
o Exposure to extreme weather conditions;
o Exposure to dust, noise, heat, cold and fumes found in a shop environment;
o Exposure to residential and commercial waste and recycling;
o Exposure to equipment traffic;
Other Comments / Autres commentaires
Exposure to extreme weather conditions;
Exposure to dust, noise, heat, cold and fumes found in a shop environment;
Exposure to residential and commercial waste and recycling;
Exposure to equipment traffic;
Emterra Group is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with legislation and Human Rights in all provinces. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources in any of the following ways: send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org; by phone 905-336-9084, Extension 1103 or by mail to 1122 Pioneer Road, Burlington, ON L7M 1K4.
Comments / Commentaires
Whether you see it as garbage, waste, trash, rubbish or junk, we see waste another way – as a resource to be collected and recycled into new, usable products. From tire recycling to liquid waste – we turn waste into resources.