Under the direction of the Advisor, Scheduling and Time; the Staffing/Scheduling Clerk can be assigned to one of two functional areas: Staffing & Scheduling.
Within this role the employee is accountable for contributing to the delivery of the KHSC strategy. As an employee, one must demonstrate an awareness of and be responsible for actively promoting and supporting patient and family centered engagement and care in all we do.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Allocates and reassigned scheduled employees and calls in additional employees as needed in accordance with the relevant collective agreements (ONA, CUPE, OPSEU, Non-Union).
- Enters employee coding and schedule changes into the automated scheduling system in a timely manner as close to “real time” as possible. Updates work sheets and spreadsheets as required.
- Receives staffing and scheduling requests from department Managers or leads to meet operational needs based on the collective agreement or terms of employment, while taking into consideration correct employee classifications and staff skill set. Makes recommendations to the Specialist regarding balancing of the scheduled employees to meet budgeted baseline plans of the department.
- Ensures that employee files, assignments and profiles in automated scheduling system are up to date and accurate at all times.
- Acts as a resource for other users of the automated scheduling system, staffing/ scheduling practices and departmental processes and procedures.
- Informs the department Manager or delegate when unable to secure adequate staff or when there is surplus staff and ensures that the Advisor or delegate is aware of the status of departmental staffing and scheduled levels.
- Maintains staffing/ scheduling statistics and generates reports as required.
- Creation, revision and maintenance of work assignments in the automated scheduling system. This includes employees and cost centres.
NOTE: The above duties are representative but are not to be construed as all inclusive. A complete job description is available from People Services on Watkins 4.
- Office Administration Certificate (one year) or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Two years clerical experience including a minimum of six months experience in staff scheduling within the last 5 years.
- Ability to work in a Windows environment.
- Ability to perform in a high paced, high demand role.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to multitask and communicate effectively and courteously at all times.
- Familiarity with computer scheduling systems (excluding excel).
- Ability to appropriately handle sensitive and confidential information concerning staff and patients.
- Evidence of good organizational skills with the ability to work under peak pressure and time constraints is essential.
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
- Proven ability to attend work regularly.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check required.
The applicant must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Kingston Health Sciences Centre is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices.
If you require an accommodation to fully participate in the hiring process, please notify the Recruitment Team.