A Sandwich Artist greets and serves guests, prepares food, maintains food safety and sanitation standards, and handles or processes light paperwork. Exceptional customer service is a major component of this position.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Prepares food neatly, accurately, and in a timely way.
- Demonstrates a complete understanding of menu items and explains it to guests accurately. Exhibits a cheerful and helpful manner when dealing with guests.
- Checks products in sandwich unit area and restocks items to ensure a sufficient supply throughout the shift.
- Cleans as directed.
- Greets guests and prepares their orders, uses Point of Sale system/cash register to record the order and computes the amount of the bill, collects payment from guests and makes change.
- Understands and adheres to all quality standards, formulas and procedures as outlined in the Operations Manual.
- Accounts for all forms of money, bread, etc. during the shift
- Understands and adheres to proper food handling, safety and sanitization standards while preparing food, serving food, and clean up.
- Maintains professional appearance and grooming standards as outlined in the Operations Manual.
- Performs light paperwork duties as assigned.
- Education: Some high school or equivalent
- Experience: Ability to understand and implement written and verbal instruction.
- Physical: Must be able to work any area of the restaurant when needed and to operate a computerized Point of Sale system/cash register. Position requires bending, standing, and walking the entire workday. Must have the ability to lift 10 pounds frequently and up to 30 pounds occasionally.
Circle K values diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from the following designated groups: women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities. We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations are available on request in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent